King 2.5 Bump Stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello, i am working on installing my SVC ABS kit and i am working on mounting the bumps in the cans and the top mounting nut is extremely tight. I can thread it on to the top of the can for the full length of the nut but after that it gets extremely tight. When i put a wrench on it, it starts to move but requires a lot of force. Is this normal for the bumps?
2f253f21bae52620f41d0e9ad8f1d3cf.jpg

schmeal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've got a split beam type lock nut on the top there. As others have said as long as you're not cross threading you'll be fine.

Whats happening is you're threading the nut on to the point where it is engaging the "beams" at the top. These are slightly bent inwards to keep the nut from backing off. The benefit of these over nylon lock nuts is they can be reused multiple times.

A little nut knowledge if this was keeping you up at night.

OP
OP
Bulletnjm

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You've got a split beam type lock nut on the top there. As others have said as long as you're not cross threading you'll be fine.

Whats happening is you're threading the nut on to the point where it is engaging the "beams" at the top. These are slightly bent inwards to keep the nut from backing off. The benefit of these over nylon lock nuts is they can be reused multiple times.

A little nut knowledge if this was keeping you up at night.

Ah, that is interesting, i wasnt sure what the "beams" where for, interesting