Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

Installing shrader valve in stock 2.5 internal bypass svt shocks

This is a discussion on Installing shrader valve in stock 2.5 internal bypass svt shocks within the Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Well done man, about time ya tackled it.... not as big a deal now looking back right??? L8tr Oh and ...

User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well done man, about time ya tackled it.... not as big a deal now looking back right??? L8tr

Oh and I used lock tite for tread seal... :)

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

Originally Posted by loki_13 View Post
Has anyone tried different psi charges in the stock shocks yet?
Shock pressure on the actual shock has little effect that you would notice. It is mainly there for keeping the oil from foaming up. If you have air bumps they can be adjusted a bit with lower and higher pressure for slight spring rate change for the bump.

Mods: Mid perch with Farrar Racing tuned position sensitive by-pass shock mods, Sway bar delete, custom MFT back screens, IC-706MlKll installed, Spot connect, HF, VHF& UHF antenna installed, duplexer, PCI intercom with street legal head phones and helmets, Raptor claws with D2's, 30" curved behind grill light bar Outlaw/Fox bump stops, Deaver +2's W/ 1" block, bed rack powder coated fender flair color, with 2 factory beadlock wheels and BFG's Lowrance HDS-5M, VIM
onesickpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by onesickpuppy View Post
Well done man, about time ya tackled it.... not as big a deal now looking back right??? L8tr

Oh and I used lock tite for tread seal... :)

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

Shock pressure on the actual shock has little effect that you would notice. It is mainly there for keeping the oil from foaming up. If you have air bumps they can be adjusted a bit with lower and higher pressure for slight spring rate change for the bump.

Thanks, not bad at all. I actually did the ones on the front of my blazer last summer. Did these ones for the rear last night.

You had info on some tuning with these didn't you?
onesickpuppy likes this.
Deuling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Okay don't habe understand why, but what can i do after installing this valve? Do i have than a way to make the suspension more comfortable by adjust the pressure? Read some more Treads about that and now i know that i can adjust the pressure inside the shocks. Do any of you know how to make the stock Fox more comfortable?

Daniel
nbg-mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)

Alittle boy butter might make it better.
cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by nbg-mustang View Post
Okay don't habe understand why, but what can i do after installing this valve? Do i have than a way to make the suspension more comfortable by adjust the pressure? Read some more Treads about that and now i know that i can adjust the pressure inside the shocks. Do any of you know how to make the stock Fox more comfortable?

Daniel
On a stock raptor that is a dd/weekend warrior? Nothing and don't waste your time.

If your into modifying and making stuff work better offroad.... Then shraders are way easier to put nitrogen back into the shocks after tearing them down and changing valving etc. The stock setup requires a goofy needle fill valve that I personally do not like, and is just one other tool to keep track of. Also my fox 2.0 bump stops have shraders on them, so why not just have one fill tool.

My shocks arent really raptor related though.... I just like you guys for the shocks you get rid of, so just keep upgrading to better shocks and selling your oems to people that cant afford a raptor like me ;)

KaiserM715 likes this.

Last edited by Deuling; 02-08-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Deuling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Deuling View Post
On a stock raptor that is a dd/weekend warrior? Nothing and don't waste your time.

If your into modifying and making stuff work better offroad.... Then shraders are way easier to put nitrogen back into the shocks after tearing them down and changing valving etc. The stock setup requires a goofy needle fill valve that I personally do not like, and is just one other tool to keep track of. Also my fox 2.0 bump stops have shraders on them, so why not just have one fill tool.

My shocks arent really raptor related though.... I just like you guys for the shocks you get rid of, so just keep upgrading to better shocks and selling your oems to people that cant afford a raptor like me ;)

The Raptor is a non daily driver daily driver car. Take it to pul, trailer or any other work think's.
But i think that the suspension is not good for trailer and/or street comfort. These two points i will fix, Raptor need more comfort in this two situation. I was hope that i can bring more comfort to the suspension to update valve and than set the pressure higher or lower.

Thanks
Daniel
nbg-mustang is offline   Reply With Quote