Impact driver for lower shock bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Porter Cable is junk now. Stanley Black and Decker owns it and they have it at their consumer grade (junk, limited use, all plastic parts) and also own DeWalt, which is their Prosumer line (Better, but not awesome).

Better off buying the right tool for the job or a breaker bar and beer (also right tools). If you lived closer to Nashville, I would help, I have been know to work for beer. :)

If you plan on taking the rotors off, you better get a big hammer and a lot of penetrating oil. When I changed rotors on my '14, it took 60 minutes to get the rotors off and 20 to do the rest of the job. I had a BFH, which helped.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my snap-on gun got mine off. I dont have many snap-on tools..only the ones i need to do real work ;)

On a side note, i saw a comparison between the top of the line (cough) harbor freight gun against the snap-on and it actually faired pretty well. so if you are buying for the job that might be a good solution, if you are buying for life then snap-on

found the video

OP
OP
Flaltlander1414

Flaltlander1414

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for the good info guys. Bulletnjm. My post pic was from a while ago with some work I had done. Hadn't updated since 2015. Life's been crazy, had to take a break from hobbies for a while:(. Total house remodel. From top to bottom. Complete backyard from scratch, outdoor kitchen, 3000sqft of concrete, outdoor living room with concrete firepit, 16 garden beds, ultra modern and all done myself! Everything you could want in a backyard I did!!! Very pleased. had 2 kids during.... Been a little busy. Haha

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Ogdobber, what kind air compressor are you running?

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thx for the good info guys. Bulletnjm. My post pic was from a while ago with some work I had done. Hadn't updated since 2015. Life's been crazy, had to take a break from hobbies for a while:(. Total house remodel. From top to bottom. Complete backyard from scratch, outdoor kitchen, 3000sqft of concrete, outdoor living room with concrete firepit, 16 garden beds, ultra modern and all done myself! Everything you could want in a backyard I did!!! Very pleased. had 2 kids during.... Been a little busy. Haha

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Ogdobber, what kind air compressor are you running?

Emglo. 160psi at the gun which makes a huge difference. Those 120psi craftsmans don't cut it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Flaltlander1414

Flaltlander1414

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well hopefully physics won't let me down. Leverage, stronger than average guns, hefty wrenches won't let me down. Im not gonna buy a impact for this job based off of your guys recommendations. Thanks for the feedback.

monsterFD

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weekend warriors will f up much with that

:ROFLJest:

"You don't need big **** banana hammock I think pretty pink ******* will do just fine 90% of the time in the automotive world"
https://youtu.be/RSRU7QGDnsI?t=1096

lol. wait i dont get why its a bad thing? its got 4 settings and ramps down once the nut breaks loose. also you guys are forgetting about seizing? id rather invest a little more and have a tool that i know will break it lose, plus you can bring it with you and when youre out far and SHTF, youll be glad you have it. yeah 90% of the time you can use something smaller, but all it takes is that 1 bolt you cant remove to wreck your day.