If my wife approves... new suspension.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you're not wanting to cut into your bed, but get more travel and performance than bolt in 3.0s, you have 3 options that I know about. Icon's RXT setup, Rogue's cantilever setup and RPG's rst16. Don't quote me on these numbers, but I think they're 16", 20" and 18.5" respectively of rear travel. Icon and Rogue utilize 3.0 and RPG use 3.5 5 tube bypass. All 3 are proven great options.

RST16 is 16" travel. RST18 is 18" travel. Cantilever is 18" of travel also - just has the advantage of not using up bed space to get the travel. You can't go wrong with any option really. It will all boil down to your budget and how comfortable you are with cutting into your truck.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RST16 is 16" travel. RST18 is 18" travel. Cantilever is 18" of travel also - just has the advantage of not using up bed space to get the travel. You can't go wrong with any option really. It will all boil down to your budget and how comfortable you are with cutting into your truck.

I can only guess RPG is describing bump free travel because my RST16 measures 16" to the bump stop. I have another 2.5" of bump travel.

Another thing to note is Rogue's cantilever setup is also sprung under, so if towing capacity is an issue, this setup would be less capable than the other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I can only guess RPG is describing bump free travel because my RST16 measures 16" to the bump stop. I have another 2.5" of bump travel.

Another thing to note is Rogue's cantilever setup is also sprung under, so if towing capacity is an issue, this setup would be less capable than the other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogue can be setup either way - sprung over or under. Most, if not all, that I've seen have gone sprung under though. It's a fantastic package. For the OP, I don't really think you can go wrong with any of the options @Mluis11 has mentioned.