Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

ICON Vehicle Dynamics - Ford Raptor RXT Rear Suspension System

This is a discussion on ICON Vehicle Dynamics - Ford Raptor RXT Rear Suspension System within the Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!

User Tag List

Like Tree53Likes

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2014, 10:26 PM   #21 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

2012 SCREW|Blue Flame|Blue accent interior|Mid-Perch| Fuel Trophy wheels|Toyo R/T 35x12.5R17|Flush mount center caps|Roush catback|Roush CAI w/pre-filter|TV's in head rests|RPG Pre-runner bumper|Vision X 8.7" cannons|Bullet style Stubby antenna|
rojo212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:32 PM   #22 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default ICON Vehicle Dynamics - Ford Raptor RXT Rear Suspension System
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
How much disassembly/assembly is required to adjust the leaf springs? I tow with my truck from time to time and want to be able to tow when I need to, but not have the extra lift for daily driving and parking garages.

It's separating the pack and changing out a leaf or adding a leaf in to the pack. You can take a look at the instructions on the Product page for the springs.

We towed this trailer with our springs installed at the standard setting 3000 miles (ICON > TRR 2014 > Moab, UT > ICON) with only the use of a weight distribution hitch and it did just fine. It was not heavily loaded, but did have displays and other items for both events.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1418095757.249852.jpg

ICONRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:36 PM   #23 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Dv8tor View Post
Is a sprung under kit in the works in the future?

As of today no, but you never know what wild hair Dylan might get. This system gives you an idea of what happens when he does! 😁

Old 12-08-2014, 10:55 PM   #24 (permalink)

aka LSUstang05

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

With the increased up travel, will 37's have an issue with the pinch weld in the rear?

Facebook | Instagram

Contact Us: [email protected]
Site: www.apollo-optics.com
Jordan@Apollo-Optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:59 PM   #25 (permalink)

aka Rick

Mentioned: 392 Post(s)

With the increased up travel, will 37's have an issue with the pinch weld in the rear?
I thought most when going to 37's will bend that over or at least address that in the rear already?

2014 RR SE SCREW | #792 of #3396 in RR | #4568 of #22409 Total | My Mods: Click Here
2008 Shelby Mustang GT500 Torch Red Convertible | #58 of #463 in Torch Red | #249 of #2070 Total
Raptor Runs: TRR 14'/15'/16'/17' | Raptoberfest 14'/15'/16'/17' | Time Attack 14' | Snoball 15' | AR Run 15' | TRR Baja 16' | Private Baja Jan 17'
RDFTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

aka LSUstang05

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by RDFTS View Post
I thought most when going to 37's will bend that over or at least address that in the rear already?
I haven't addressed it and haven't had any issues. I run with a load of sailboat fuel at Raptor Runs, but I run it hard, jump it, etc... and am on stock shocks and haven't hit the weld in the rear.
RDFTS likes this.

Facebook | Instagram

Contact Us: [email protected]
Site: www.apollo-optics.com
Jordan@Apollo-Optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:59 PM   #27 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)

We have not had any issue so far and 37's made it through the trip to TRR / Moab. We were running 37 x 12.50 Nitto's on 17 x 8.5" wheels. It is very close, and we should consider all trucks are slightly different, but that is what we know. Most of the other testing was done on 35's so we didn't blow the front fenders off. I talked to Dylan more about it just now and he said the RXT springs wheel position helps. He also mentioned as it just was some have bent the lip over to create additional clearance.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:46 AM   #28 (permalink)

aka etalian2005

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by ICONRep View Post
It's separating the pack and changing out a leaf or adding a leaf in to the pack. You can take a look at the instructions on the Product page for the springs.

We towed this trailer with our springs installed at the standard setting 3000 miles (ICON > TRR 2014 > Moab, UT > ICON) with only the use of a weight distribution hitch and it did just fine. It was not heavily loaded, but did have displays and other items for both events.

Attachment 58284
Thank you for the info. This is the trailer I towed to from Houston > Raptoberfest > Houston.

It was roughly 300 miles round trip. The truck was riding on the bump stops with the 7,000 lb load with a roughly 500-700 lb tongue weight. Would the standard setting be able to handle this?

Also, you mention an increase in height over 0.75" lift over stock on the standard setting, is this purely being 0.75" taller or does this 0.75" of lift include the removal of the stock 2" rear blocks?

Old 12-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #29 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

This is very cool I need to make more money and move west to really use this!
WRCRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 04:26 PM   #30 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Thank you for the info. This is the trailer I towed to from Houston > Raptoberfest > Houston.

It was roughly 300 miles round trip. The truck was riding on the bump stops with the 7,000 lb load with a roughly 500-700 lb tongue weight. Would the standard setting be able to handle this?

Also, you mention an increase in height over 0.75" lift over stock on the standard setting, is this purely being 0.75" taller or does this 0.75" of lift include the removal of the stock 2" rear blocks?
Dylan thinks our trailer runs about 600-800lbs as it hold water and fuel in under carriage tanks along with all our stuff. The weight distribution hitch is the huge key to why we were able to make that work at the standard setting and only squat about 2".

The .75" is over the stock height. You will remove the block when installing the ICON RXT springs.