iCON shock guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you running the zetas in rough terrain had the damage to the shock guards like the OEM fox shocks? I'm wondering if they are going to need an outlaw-like shock protector. The bottom mount looks pretty vulnerable looking at mine from the rear of the truck.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I've had the guard replaced on mine already... Like the stock shocks, they have a plastic cover but even with the cover it's possible SEVERE impacts can cause damage. I had my lower replaced on one side (under warranty, no questions asked). Keep in mind, my use isn't typical... I'd say definitely harder than most!

The Outlaw shock guards won't work on the Icons, due to the size difference.

The good news, is that Icon has something in the works to minimize the damage from rocks sprayed off the front wheels. Not sure if they've released any details about it yet, I'll ask...

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have given a sneak preview, and people at snoball 500 saw them under a certain truck..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

What what .....:peace: he he he .....They worked excellent also from what I herd.. The cool think is after the main bracket is bolted in (10 min.) the "guard" can be removed buy unclipping it (2 min.).. This way they can be off the truck and out of site till needed..

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have any of you running the zetas in rough terrain had the damage to the shock guards like the OEM fox shocks? I'm wondering if they are going to need an outlaw-like shock protector. The bottom mount looks pretty vulnerable looking at mine from the rear of the truck.

In the 9 months these shocks have been available to the public we have learned a lot, including what a percentage of the raptor enthusiast...let me re-phrase that....extreme raptor enthusiast put these trucks through. As we have had good luck in the big picture, any type of failure (even in extreme use situations) is never accepted in the ICON system.

Current options for shock protection:

- Supplied ICON shin guard

- 3.0 shock boot could be used

In process and will be released soon:

- Updated ICON shin guard (in development)

- ICON Mid Flap System (soon to be released)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1359313101.863596.jpg

This ICON Mid Flap System will offer added protection for the rear shocks (stock or aftermarket) that are prone to taking a beating during off road use. These will install in 15 - 20 minutes, flap portion can be removed in 30 - 60 seconds leaving the main mount installed out of visual sight allowing you to use them only when desired. More details will be released in the coming weeks and orders will be accepted through dealers very soon.

At the end if you are ever to have an issue or failure with an ICON product, know you have someone here to help, and will be taken care of accordingly right away. You should always notify us immediately if you have an issue or even a simple question to something you may not think is right. I am available most of the time through PM or by phone 5 days a week at (951) 689-ICON. If you prefer email use [email protected] as that goes to multipole people that can help including myself.

Brad

Last edited: