Icon RXT suspension in action

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thought you guys might like this little clip we took down in Baja. Cool sequence showcasing the difference between the Icon RXT kit and a standard 3.0 setup. The black truck is equipped with Fox 3.0's, deavers, and bumpstop kit. My truck has a single 3.0 in front and RXT in rear.

I've been running the RXT kit for about a year now and it continues to impress me. Not only does the kit soak up the big hit better it allows me to carry a lot more speed through the section while the truck stays nice and controlled.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What speed were you both running at through that?

I was going 60-65ish. Not sure exact speed for the black truck as I wasn't driving it. I'd say around 50ish for the black truck. Both trucks were pushing the limits of how fast you'd want to go given their capabilities.

D

Deleted member 12951

Would like to see the RXT compared side-by-side with a Fox 3.5" through the bed setup. Most guys including myself, went with the RXT because it was the next step above adjustable 3.0's but didn't want to take the leap and dedicate 1/2 their bed to a rear setup system. Another comparison would be the Rogue cantilever system even though you lose the under spare tire location.

OP
OP
B

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would like to see the RXT compared side-by-side with a Fox 3.5" through the bed setup. Most guys including myself, went with the RXT because it was the next step above adjustable 3.0's but didn't want to take the leap and dedicate 1/2 their bed to a rear setup system. Another comparison would be the Rogue cantilever system even though you lose the under spare tire location.

I can accomadate that as well. I'll post up something next week. I'm on my way out the door for my brother's bachelor's party.

The SVC bedcage setup with 3.5 works really well on Donnie's truck which I have footage of. I'll post it up.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

This is pretty dramatic, was the black trucks rebound set too high?

Some fine tuning may help but to me the travel that the RXT provides is the biggest difference. I noticed a big difference when I upgraded to the RXT from a standard 3.0. The performance in the black truck reflects what I remember my truck doing.

Also, keep in mind both trucks are loaded down with about 400-500lbs of gear in the bed. So they both are performing pretty well. The video does not do how rough this section is justice...it never really does.