Icon RXT review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I recently installed the new ICON RXT rear suspension system and I thought I'd share my impressions after putting it through 400 offroad miles on the Rip to the Strip. I wasn't sure what to expect honestly. I knew the kit added travel, most importantly, up travel. The lack of up travel is what gives you those nasty donkey kicks when you bottom our the rear suspension on rough terrain.

Simply put, it was worth the investment haha. I've had Icon 3.0's all the way around for the 2 years now. I've seen pretty much every type of terrain and put well over 10,000 offroad miles on the setup. The performance increase is substantial IMO. Stuff that would make me cringe before, is soaked up by the rear end. It was kind of neat learning the new capabilities of the truck. I kept thinking, "I wonder if I can take that at this speed...yep I can haha!".

I think I only hit the bumpstops once maybe twice on the whole trip which is something I would be doing constantly with my old setup.

Anyhow, if you're on the fence on pulling the trigger on this setup, go for it because you will not regret it.

Here's a little footage we were able to get going through somewhat rough stuff. I did add a little bit to the rebound after this section cause the rear felt a little too light. On the last hit where the wheels come off the ground, notice how softly the rear sits down.

Stretching her legs

20175669840_3e4eb339ce_b.jpg

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for the review, was maybe thinking of pulling the trigger on that setup, seems more interesting than the classic 3.0"s we got to see everywhere now...

Very interesting video also !!

OP
OP
B

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thx for the review, was maybe thinking of pulling the trigger on that setup, seems more interesting than the classic 3.0"s we got to see everywhere now...

Very interesting video also !!

Not a bad way to go. I wish this option was out there when I first got my Raptor. Would have definitely gone this direction from the get go.

Can't wait.

You're going to love it!

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Bigg50...not too sure if this is a question for you but....does this system only work with the icon leafs? I have Deaver +2 leafs but everything else stock. Would getting just the rear shocks still make a big difference or does the whole system have to be Icon in order to reap the benefits?

RSiWORKS

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Bigg50...not too sure if this is a question for you but....does this system only work with the icon leafs? I have Deaver +2 leafs but everything else stock. Would getting just the rear shocks still make a big difference or does the whole system have to be Icon in order to reap the benefits?

Deavers will limit the travel a bit, how much?
That is unknown.
I just sold 2 full sets of the RXT rears and 3.0 fronts.
Very popular shocks for sure and I found out why this past weekend at Havoc in the Hills.
If your looking for a price let me know if I can help.

OP
OP
B

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score

What @RSiWORKS said. At the very least, the shocks and the bumpstop kit are a must. You shouldn't have a problem unloading your deavers. They are a great spring but just not designed for this kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

What @RSiWORKS said. At the very least, the shocks and the bumpstop kit are a must. You shouldn't have a problem unloading your deavers. They are a great spring but just not designed for this kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have the ICON leafs? And if so, are you using the stock shackles?

Even though I had aftermarket leafs, I decided to remove and just get the entire package. I did get the Camburg 1.5" shackles hoping to improve upon the setup?
http://camburg.com/all-products/04-...co-80-96-f-150-04-14-raptor-1-5-mig-shackles/

OP
OP
B

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@RDFTS I'm using the Icon leafs and stock shackles. I can definitely see how the Camburg shackles will help it cycle easier. Once torqued down the shackles are very hard to move with the rubber bushings.

D

Deleted member 12951

After getting my RXT System installed, I have not had an opportunity to take it off-road yet. Other than looking bad ass, I can say going over speed bumps are smooth. Before the rear would donkey kick, now I fly over them like they don't exist. And no, haven't been to the mall incase anyone was thinking that.