GEN 1 ICON RXT design flaw?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have the kit s well but Im on the middle of traveling at the moment . Im sure Jeremiah can get you pics before I can . But I am still on stock shackles with my cambers sitting on the desk as we speak ..

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@RDFTS Did you ever get any confirmation that it was the longer shackle length that necessitated adjustment of the anti-wobble link?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

@RDFTS Did you ever get any confirmation that it was the longer shackle length that necessitated adjustment of the anti-wobble link?

I haven't. ICON pretty much went silent but they did send me 6 knobs for FREE. I really only needed two and I called them to send back the other 4 and they said I could just keep them. Sweet cause last time on my other rear shocks, I got 4 knobs and it cost me $100.

The anti-wobble link is still in the same location that I last posted. I've been to Raptoberfest and a week in Baja. Haven't really look at them yet to be honest but we plan on removing the bed (cause its broken due to Baja) and I was going to remove the shocks then to inspect. But from what I can tell, no issues anymore. I am debating when we have the bed off to just install the stock shackles back on and sell these Camburg ones.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@RDFTS I'm going to gamble and pick up some used Stock Length Camburg Mig Shackles. I figure that if the shackle length was the root cause I'll be fine and regardless won't lose any up travel. If I still get interference then at least I'm not out the full $160. Still just collecting parts right now. I just got some rebuilt and custom shimmed OEM shocks so I'll probably run those for a while and continue adding supporting parts. I currently took care of the front end with mid-perch, Icon UCA, SDHQ doubler plates and HD alignment cams.

Probably get the Icon Bump Stop Kit first and then the RXT leaf springs. I'll pick up the shocks and some gusseted steering knuckles last.