Icon fronts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just had my custom deavers installed out back and i gave me back my mean stance those horrible nationals took from me. My question is my front icons have never been touched...only about a year old no real beard own on them. Do they settle a little? Is there any room to crank em down and get a little lift? I have a 13 fo I don't want to go top perch and blow out my iwes. So is there a way to measure the setting and if so what's the Mac setting before I could get into trouble with 4wd system.

Thanks in advance for the help.

D

Deleted member 12951

How many threads are showing currently on top?

Look at Birdman's thread of installing icons. He talks about the thread count on top and other talk about it in that thread. I cranked my down for more lift but don't recall how many threads. I was measuring from the center cap to fender as it talks about in the thread. I also did the driver side a couple more to compensate for raptor lean.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys I just had my custom deavers installed out back and i gave me back my mean stance those horrible nationals took from me. My question is my front icons have never been touched...only about a year old no real beard own on them. Do they settle a little? Is there any room to crank em down and get a little lift? I have a 13 fo I don't want to go top perch and blow out my iwes. So is there a way to measure the setting and if so what's the Mac setting before I could get into trouble with 4wd system.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Did @Wilson prof read your post first. Lol...

What do you want to do? Raise the front?

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $10 for a chance to win a 50" light bar.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=929496
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

oh, and if you have time, Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Did @Wilson prof read your post first. Lol...

What do you want to do? Raise the front?

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $10 for a chance to win a 50" light bar.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Holiday Cheer "Giving Back" Event. - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

oh, and if you have time, Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

proof*

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
vince7870

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I want to raise the front I just measured 24 from center of cap to fender lip. I can go up 2 more inches right? Anyone know if this can be done while shock is on truck?

D

Deleted member 12951

Yes I want to raise the front I just measured 24 from center of cap to fender lip. I can go up 2 more inches right? Anyone know if this can be done while shock is on truck?

According to Birdman's thread:

26.25" = "Middle perch height"
26.5" = ICON setting from factory - "visual level"
27" = Highest recommended setting for 2012+ Raptor (anecdotally speaking)
27.5" = "Top perch height"

But mine did not measure to that but was close. Surprised yours is at 24. How many threads are showing? And yes while on the truck to adjust with the spanner wrench.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the nitrogen pressure...
And just jack the front up to remove as much preload as possible, loosen the pinch bolt and spin the spring collar down. Easy.