GEN 1 I don't understand how to adjust rear Fox 3.0........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but I read a lot of text here to this Forum but now I need help.

I have installed Deaver 3+ and FOX 3.0 in the rear.

The truck run not really smooth on street.

So now I try to adjust the shocks but I do not really understand what

- + means
- - means
- what "closed" means
- what "open" means

When do I open the Valve on rebounce and come mpresdion? When I go more to - or more to + ???

I go crazy......

Daniel

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Daniel,

+3 on springs probably also means a higher spring rate. You'll need to adjust the shocks to compensate. I am sure the spring or shock supplier can provide you with baseline settings so you should start there.

If you can't find any data I'd start somewhere in the middle and go from there. I suspect you have too much compression dialed in and that's what is producing the "not really smooth" feel.

On each adjuster start by turning them in, + or clockwise until it stops. Now turn them out, - or counter-clockwise until it stops and count the number of clicks. Divide by two and you get your half way point. Always adjust shocks by going fully in then counting the clicks out to get what you want.

Most shock adjusters or "clickers" work similar to a water hose valve. Turning it in, + or clockwise closes the valve. The opposite is true to open. So + is actually closing the valving while - is actually opening the valve.

I haven't set up a lot of trucks but from the way my stock Raptor rides my guess is it has a little less compression valving then rebound. Maybe try giving them a few less clicks of compression valving to start with.

There are other guys running this same set up but not sure if anyone ever really fools with the shock settings. Maybe one of them can chime in? If not I hope this helps.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deaver +3 refers to the arch of the spring. The rate will be the same as a +2 or +5 is my understanding. Good advice from @andreb about the adjusting of the tubes. Sounds like you could dial down the compression tubes to give you a softer ride on the street. Find halfway like was stated and then "+" or "-" based on your ride preferences.

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest letting the springs settle in for a thousand or so miles, (loaded and offroad is better) then start adjusting it if you aren't happy. Mine was rough and bouncy on the street when I first got the deavers then I took it on a weekend offroad trip and it's been great ever since.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Deavers +3 ride better then stock. New Stock rear shocks on mine at the same time at the springs. My guess is that the 3.0 rears are set to firm. I would set the shock all the way one way test drive then go the opposite end to see the difference. Then set to the middle and go up or down from there.

I think that no matter what set up you have they are not smooth my my definition in all situations.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Deaver +3 with 5 tube 3.5's and I noticed an improvement to my liking in all situations immediately unloaded. I have more adjustability than you, but you should be able to find a setting you're happy with using those shocks.