How to build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have been testing the raptor and I want to have better feeling and less rattling/shaking while off road, I don't want to crush the bank but I need options/ mods to give it a better more capable feel off road, especially for the rear! Have a stock suspension and mid perch is pending!

Thanks
BK

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Deavers for the rear make a very noticeable difference. I also have Geiser springs up front and they are an improvement. I would start with Deavers first, the stock back end can't keep up with the front. Also would recommend a bumpstop kit if you don't have one already.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mid perch with Deavers will help a bunch. Also, if you're ready, purchasing some 3.0 shocks with adjustability will do the trick. Icon, Fox, King all have adjustable shocks. The Icons I had had several settings on a knob that you could simply turn. Turn them to "1" for normal road use, then crank them up to "8" for off roading. Really made a big difference in how the rear of the truck handled the rougher surfaces......

schmeal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What psi are you running on the trail? Airing down more really helps with the chop.

OP
OP
Big Country BK
Reaction score
Thanks for all the insight! I'm hoping to sell my motorcycle and get the rpg stage 3, or start with stage 2 and then upgrade to deavers when I get the cash! @2014RubyRed I would love to spend it and get 3.0s the knob adjustable sounds awesome. I just run standard psi what would you bring it down to? I mostly run gravel& dirt/wooded trails no sand near me hear in the mountains @schmeal

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all the insight! I'm hoping to sell my motorcycle and get the rpg stage 3, or start with stage 2 and then upgrade to deavers when I get the cash! @2014RubyRed I would love to spend it and get 3.0s the knob adjustable sounds awesome. I just run standard psi what would you bring it down to? I mostly run gravel& dirt/wooded trails no sand near me hear in the mountains @schmeal

+1 on the rear leafs.

Depends on the trail, dropping to 30psi will cut a lot of chop on the gravel type roads. Go lower for rougher trails.

schmeal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Big Country BK I'm usually at around 25 psi during runs. This is something you can play around with and see what works best for you. I'd start with coming down a little at a time, see how it feels then go from there.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You know, I only aired-down once the entire time I off roaded. That was in the mountains and I went down to like 30 psi. Other than that, I ran the psi at 40 all the time. Like you, I only ran a few times in the sand, so didn't experience that.

Let me know when you're ready to do the upgrades. I can help point you in the right direction......