Hellwig Rear Sway Bar PN 7724

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G & P Racing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Carl, couple of questions. Are you still running your front sway bar w the rear one?
Do you feel like the truck tends to push less in slow loose surface turns or about the same?
If you "flick" it setting up a turn do you feel it steps out a little sooner, less input needed, or about the same?
Would you consider running a stiffer rear bar?
Thanks,
Grant

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I had to remove rear sway bar on my 2dr. Tahoe all three times I blew the rear just to get the stock cover off. Certainty no big deal.
Right now with the Whipple I'm always breaking loose at WOT and changing lanes, it sucks because sometimes I'll hit the rev limiter, then game over.

I had a 1 1//4" rear sway bar on my 97 2 Dr. Tahoe and a 1 7/8" on the front and big Nitto 305/55 18" Street tires, I loved the fact that I could out corner a BMW. The draw back was I was always replacing suspension parts.

This is not what I want for my Raptor though, I'm liking the idea of just a 3/4 bar for just a little more stability in the rear. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Grant,

Good to hear from you.

1. Yes, I still have the front sway bar. I am also still on low perch.
2. I have not been able to play in the dirt as much as I want yet. Getting ready for a trip to Florida on Friday and my last race, which I wanted to test it on, was cancelled because of the poor track consditions.
3. I do drive the truck pretty has on the pavement, with a couple turns at speed. The front pushes a little, but not significantly more than stock. The rear end feels more planted, less roll, and feels a little more controlled / predictable. I noticed this morning that this allows you to out drive the rear tires now, meaning I took the same turn this morning that I have been taking for years now. This was the first time I had squawk from all corners coming from the tires, this was on dry pavement. I believe this is because less energy is being absorbed by the suspension deflecting from weight transfer.

I will play more when I get back in a week and let you know how it does on the dirt. AS of now, I don't see a need for anything stiffer. I will play with the other holes in the bar, as going more rearward should stiffen this up some according to Hellwig. Might be tunable as is.

Last edited:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MTUH3, are you still running this sway bar? I am looking on Hellwig's site and see nothing for the Raptor. It seems the standard F150 option is all they have for us. I will send them an email. I am wondering how you still like the sway bar?

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MTUH3, are you still running this sway bar? I am looking on Hellwig's site and see nothing for the Raptor. It seems the standard F150 option is all they have for us. I will send them an email. I am wondering how you still like the sway bar?
@suprspinner @Humvee21

Sorry I missed this before. I have not been able to roam FRF much anymore.

I am still very happy with it. Reduced Wheel Hop, and a much more planted. I was most happy with how much the rear end came alive after installation.

So far it is holding up great, it is in dirt and grime every day. Both my rear shocks need a rebuild, but I feel that this bar keeps the truck driveable by reducing wheel hop and roll.

suprspinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for a truck that mainly will only see the street would this be a good purchase? Are there any down sides to the sway bar? I saw in an earlier post the truck is now more bumpy over potholes. Has that been a problem at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: