Hellwig Rear Sway Bar PN 7724

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some of you may have seen that Hellwig announced the release of a rear sway bar for the Ford Raptor. Wiz was able to let me get my hands on an early version and I have been testing it out a bit.

1965672_10152040894728568_1597927421_o.jpg

Though I have been lucky enough to try this out, I understand that this is not a product for everyone, obviously some of you need the flex / articulation / travel that the absence of a rear sway bar provide. For me and my uses, this is a welcome addition. Remember I race my truck in rallycross every month and the less roll the better.

My initial review is positive on this product. During turn exit on a slow turn, meaning a right or left turn from a stop or near stop, the back end of the truck feels more planted. Limiting the roll of the truck feels like the inside tire is hooking up a bit better and the outside tire feels less stressed. Also stright line take off feel improved, the truck does not squat / lose energy loading the rear suspension. The ride is a little more stiff over some of the potholes / ruts on my dirt road, but acceptable and still less stiff / better ride than a "standard" pick-up.

The differences between the Raptor sway bar and the F-150 Sway bar from Hellwig are in the diameter of the bar itself. The Raptor is 3/4" in diameter and the F-150 bar is 1 1/8" in diameter. The smaller bar gives more freedom to the suspension, but is large enough to make a noticeable impact.

Installation instructions provided where for the standard F-150, but other than the actual part numbers, installation is no different for the Raptor. Instructions are easy to understand and total job should be less than an hour. What was not clear in the instructions, you are best served installing the bar on a flat surface, and the end links should be adjusted so that the bar sits level to the ground.

Instructions attached:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wvnztfduwn2domd/7705.pdf

Picture of the Sway Bar on my truck:
10014413_554124291371088_1696062872_o.jpg

I have not seen the product listed on their website yet, but I am sure a phone call can get things squared away.

After I put a few thousand miles on this and a race or two I will revise / update here and on my webpage. RogueWaveIndustries.com

Attachments

• 7705_Page_1.jpg
    7705_Page_1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 386
  • 7705_Page_2.jpg
    7705_Page_2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 329
  • 7705_Page_3.jpg
    7705_Page_3.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 324

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a 10 fx2 and the sway bar was the second best mod I did next to the supercharger. I have been considering one on my raptor with some quick disconnects. This will also give you better control drifting around fast loose corners and help tire wear. I think I just talked myself into another sway bar. I would say its a must for a street queen !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have brought up the idea to Hellwig about a quick disconnect. This one is pretty easy. a box wrench and ratchet and a zip tie and you can disconnect one side in less than 5 minutes.... Zip tie the link up and there ya go.

Glo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this! Sounds perfect for my needs right now as well!

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Larger cover?

I was also told that if you are running aftermarket springs, those providing lift, they can help source the right size links for you. Just takes a phone call. The "kit" is designed for the stock height Raptor.

I will say that my truck has RPG stage 2 and Fox 3.0s with no clearance issues

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry,
The larger after market rear end covers with cooling fins, sight glass and dip stick.
There are two different ones for sale by our vendors.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Their company is about 5 miles from me. I'll have to drop by there & talk to them about this.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Sorry,
The larger after market rear end covers with cooling fins, sight glass and dip stick.
There are two different ones for sale by our vendors.

I have one of those diff covers & will ask

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Larger cover should work, I can try and get a clearance measurement, but there was room. The only issue I can see with the larger cover is if you need to remove it. You might have to drop the sway bar to get the cover off. Stock cover should be able to be removed, no problem