Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - Modifications > Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum

Has anyone cut the inside of their front fender wells ? Could use some help

This is a discussion on Has anyone cut the inside of their front fender wells ? Could use some help within the Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - Modifications category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! I am running middle perch , Pro comp 9047-7936, Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar. ...

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Has anyone cut the inside of their front fender wells ? Could use some help

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
I am running middle perch , Pro comp 9047-7936, Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar. I am still getting some rub on the inboard side of each front fender well . This is do to the rim back spacing and off set being different then stock. It only happens when suspension is working a little and I am almost at full turn . It does not rub that much or that often , however it will be enough to rip the fender flares off if I do this at speed . When I went to middle perch my alignment adjustments are maxed out on one of the adjustment points , and I do not want to get a San Diego rake going . I like it the way it is . This leaves me one choice or limited choices. I am considering cutting the inboard fender wells and could use some help if anyone has some advice . Or was wondering if anyone has done this . I searched the site and could not come up with anything. Any help would be appreciated.
DEADEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

When I installed my mt/r's the tire shop just used a small razor and trimmed some plastic off the inner fender, but still rubbed on full lock. Now in the middle perch and no rubbing. yet
getlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

A set of tin-snips makes it a 20 second job... no worries.
PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Thanks Guys . The challange is the metal behind the plastic fender well. Outlaw Raptor was nice enough to PM me and they are checking on mods to help those of us out in this situation.
Great Vendor support , thank Outlaw .
DEADEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ford Senior Master Technician

The wheels I put on mine rub while turning. I have the middle perch and am still having issues. I decided I'm going back to lower perch and I ordered daystar 2in leveling kit which should set me right between middle and top perch height. I am hoping this will help. I will exhaust all other options before I cut into this vehicle, but that is just me.
jdowens1 is offline   Reply With Quote