H&M racing design long travel kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, it has been a while since i order my long travel kit for my ford raptor and now arrived
3etaresu.jpg

My first option was SDHQ +2" perside with 16" of suspension travel, but price was at $9000 metals only.

I had to decided for h&m racing design +3" per side with 18" of suspension travel.
Price was right $7000 metals only.

When i got it i realize what i got into, they said installation was easy minior mods and weldings into the frame. Let me tell you if i have to paid for the $9000 lomg travel from sdhq i will do it.
Installation is way easier on SDHQ lts
Brenthel installation level seems to be right too

H&m kit is a bad ass long travel system for the raptor, but it takes a pain to make the mods to your truck in order to align the uppers a arms and upper shock mounts into the frame.

My instruction manual
yqe7y9ur.jpg
The rest is cutting factory mounts and clean frame and then welt new mounst into the frame, no way my truck only has 12k miles in order to do that, but is already done. I paid a total of $15000 for that kit and i dont going to leave it there without use.
Now i will have to install that and see how to welt a upper shock mount too
I really thought factory mounts were kept on the truck as other kits.
Btw if somebody is interested let me know will sell it cheaper

I would like to know if i can use a custom +3 uppers a arms on factory mounts to avoid that mod of the actual uppers.
If someone can make it let me know too

ne7uby8u.jpg

9ubuhyjy.jpg
If i change my mind, i will send my progress next week.

Pros: great kit for what you pay for.
kings shocks are hudge with dual rate coilovers.
Welding is nice and clean.

cons: you need to erase and remake new upper shock mount and upper armrs

c2f02ec2bd2bdf432d7e1edd295087b7.jpg

d8a93be509d5877af6d3363c280acb76.jpg

52a9a2d50926e075b2ed170a86600348.jpg

Last edited:

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly why I went with the brenthel, as it locates off of the stock uca holes. Only the shock bucket is removed.
My OCD would kick in with the h&m/outlaw kit and I'd be building a full chassis jig to make sure the mounts were exactly located.

OP
OP
C

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly why I went with the brenthel, as it locates off of the stock uca holes. Only the shock bucket is removed.

My OCD would kick in with the h&m/outlaw kit and I'd be building a full chassis jig to make sure the mounts were exactly located.

Haha even a jig is needed in that kit to be able to fit it right?
Those guys told me this kit only needed minor mods and did not bring upper shock mounts even.

I sat down with my local welders and i came with the idea to mod uppers a arms to be able to fit stock mounts.

This kit is pretty heavy as shit too.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

This is what i need to build for upper shock mount
e4a8eny5.jpg
e8ahapu7.jpg
This are image from outlaw offroad
aqy4ypyz.jpg
This is a nice and clean job, but you loose the stock uppers mounts at all
Making some measures to see how i can mod h&m uppers able to fit the 4" gap from stock mounts. Thinking to cut and narrow those uppers a arms that will be for one suspensiom only.
The bypass shicks need to be placed outside the lowers mounts as rpg does
edenadum.jpg

The Cheapest move is always the most expensive

Last edited:

Goofball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang man sorry for all your trouble. Looks good though.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sat down with my local welders and i came with the idea to mod uppers a arms to be able to fit stock mounts.

That's a terrible idea.

With all the questions you've asked over the years, I'm a little surprised you were this unprepared for the kit.

Have your welder talk directly with H&M before doing anything. Im sure they can walk him through the install. Or just sell it and move in to something of a simpler design.

OP
OP
C

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a terrible idea.

With all the questions you've asked over the years, I'm a little surprised you were this unprepared for the kit.

Have your welder talk directly with H&M before doing anything. Im sure they can walk him through the install. Or just sell it and move in to something of a simpler design.

Let me know if someone there you know is interested in the kit, because here in panama all raptors are stocks.

Well, that is the only solution i could find in order to avoid cleaning and remake new mounts.
- Those guys doesnt speak english, it is a 3 way comversatiom between h&m, me and the welder.

- i talked to kevin from h&m he has put time trying to solve my issues with the remake of the new mounts and helping me, he is good person.

-All the time i was up to sdhq +2 LTS, but they came pricey at the end.
As well at the end if i asked that one more time at this forum probably i will be banned again.

I can sell it dont mind to loose shipping cost at least, instead of loosing 15k
- +3 lower a arms
- upper a arms
- spindle
- billed tie rods
- axles
- brake lines

Suspension 18" travel
- 2.5 dual rate kings with adjusters, resprung by hm racing design
- 3.0 bypass kings
- bump stops

I m very frustrated, i was told minor mods and the i came across with that hudge and terrible mod for the truck.

I m not telling that kit suck, it is a great kit but need some kind of expertise to see the install as a peace of cake

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

uvyma2u6.jpg
Since i have not been able to install the kit, i installed 1.5" wheel spacer on the front ride feels different too

OP
OP
C

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ydy7a6y4.jpg
Few issues with the kit.
Lower ball joints of the spindle is too beefy to fit, i will have to take them into a lathe machine

Status
Not open for further replies.