Giant motorsports ddl kit install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking back at this thread I can say you did a wonderful job. I had to read it a few times to visualize what you were doing. But I have to question this kit. It seems like you were the first person to install this for them. Did you know if you were?

I would think for an auto cad kit like this, they would have sent you more reference points for drilling and welding brackets. Also your ride hight and pinion angle would be the same +\- a few inches or degrees. I would think a standard kit would accommodate this.

I feel like for a kit like this they should have exact measured spots for you to go off of. Did the kit come with anything like that or did you decide to take the kit and customize it a little? Also no hardware is disappointing to hear, did it bother you that you had to source that yourself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think for an auto cad kit like this, they would have sent you more reference points for drilling and welding brackets. Also your ride hight and pinion angle would be the same +\- a few inches or degrees. I would think a standard kit would accommodate this.

I feel like for a kit like this they should have exact measured spots for you to go off of. Did the kit come with anything like that or did you decide to take the kit and customize it a little? Also no hardware is disappointing to hear, did it bother you that you had to source that yourself?

I think the first on a raptor, as mentioned they've got them on Rangers, tundras, etc.
I don't believe there's autocad anything about this kit. It was likely mocked up on a raptor and shipped out.
Ride height isn't a parameter set by the kit, simply by spring preload, as easy as ******** a collar up or down.
Pinion angle isn't as critical as you've been led to believe, with this kit it is essentially floating within a range. With the axle "soft" coupled to the links through the air shocks, it just goes to its happy place and runs there, no vibes. I was most concerned about this myself, but it seems like it was a non issue.

I agree that a template of some sort to aid link positioning would make things a lot less scary for the average joe. The hardware thing was a pain, but not a show stopper. It was as simple as making a hardware list from measurements and going down to the local nut and bolt place.
Frankly, you'd be completely nuts not to simply take your truck to Geoff (giant motorsports) for the install if you are anywhere in the southwest usa. Too far of a drive for me, so I toil in the driveway :mad:

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eff it. I'm subbing this thread because I just may think about this someday. Maybe. I have too much shit on my mod wish list already.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk