Getting new Fox 3.0s, What to coat them in to avoid corrosion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordraptorHero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to post this in the detailing section, however theres not much traffic in there. Like the title says I'm getting new shocks and do not want a repeat of my current shocks (corroded and rusted out) is there anything I can coat them in to prevent them from rock chips and corrosion?

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to post this in the detailing section, however theres not much traffic in there. Like the title says I'm getting new shocks and do not want a repeat of my current shocks (corroded and rusted out) is there anything I can coat them in to prevent them from rock chips and corrosion?

Not sure what shocks your replacing with,, I was looking into KING shocks with Cerakote, was quoted 125.00 per shock, to be coated,6-8 week turn around time on order, and also makes it a non returnable purchase..

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can use Adam's undercarriage coating. And be diligent about washing them if you go to the beach or come in contact with any salt.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How have yours held up with coating them with this? How often do you coat them and how long have u had ur shocks

I had my old shocks, frame, rear, suspension, anything metal coated with ams oil. The shocks had a yellowish tint, which i did not mind. Ams oil creates a film that would not wash off. After you do the truck let it sit for a few hours for the product to cure. If you drive it too soon you might get some overspray on your windshield and hood.
Winters are not bad here at all in South Jersey. I also have unlimited carwash club membership locally. After i got a new set of shocks through the exchange program i decided not to coat them with ams oil, I do like the shiny look.
As far as frequency if you do good coating of everything you should be good for a year i would say.
Go to youtube and look up some videos about ams oil its great stuff.

OP
OP
FordraptorHero

FordraptorHero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a write up on how to remove stock shocks and replace them with 3.0s? Not sure what size the top bolts are or the bottom nut on the control arm.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also use cerakote clear and do it yourself if you have an air compressor. just clean and mask any surfaces and spray. The clear is an air cure and its pretty durable. i'm planning to clean up my UCA's and clear coat them.