Gen 3 RCV anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running the most current RCV axles? I am looking to get a good build idea in place, but I use 4wd often and am concerned about binding. I was leaning toward an RPG set-up with 3.0s but have looked at the old threads with picks of torn open RCVs. Any input or options/ideas would be great.

DP

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ive been running the RCV axles on the RPG Bolt setup. No issues at all and just did about 750 miles x2 (Prerun and SnoBall) in 4wd the whole time.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But when you do it sucks

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

I'm just thinking would f250 450 IWE work or are they compleatly different.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There probably is limited chances to make mistakes with the system. No jamming it into 4x4 mode when moving, no jamming it into 4x4 mode and taking off right away. I've always treated this so called 4 on the fly non hub type systems very gently. Not like my old Bronco.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've done all that^ still do just to much power on grass I was spinning so I stopped put it in 4x4 drove a bit more to set up for the jump lol hammered it and pop. Been a bitch ever senses. I've had from a 79 f150 91 f250 and a 2004 I've done all the same and way harder pulling gravity wagons back up spin forward hammer spin over and over farm trucks. I have yet to do anything near what I do normaly. The raptor 4x4 has been one big baby. And don't sound like they fixed the new system.