Gen 2 OE rear shocks on gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks to all who have tried and contributed. it looks like the 3.0 has a larger body in the rear. i bet with a minor lift and making sure the external resi were aimed properly, i see this being a viable rear setup.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I'm going to keep my eye out for a set now after reading this. Might be able to score some stockers for an interim upgrade in the back, time to start the craigslist hunt.

Reaction score
Much appreciated, I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread, 3.0's under $1500 is damn sure appealing, with the possibility of finding good takeoffs under a grand even moreso.

My $0.02; from what little I can see from Gen2 pics, it looks like the lower a-arms (LCA's) may have the lower shock mounting point shifted outboard, as well as maybe a different knuckle. They gained, what, about 2" of travel front and rear? How much of that can we gain with aftermarket upper a-arms (UCA's)? Would stock Gen2 UCA's fit and accomplish this? Or would it take knuckles and LCA's too? If so would they bolt right up? I'm guessing that's a distinct possibility as they didn't re-invent the wheel or anything, but at the same time they might differ just enough not to work without modification...

I think I will trying tearing into the front end for myself this weekend if I have time, get some pics of it, and worse case maybe even try out some LCAs from a gen 2 raptor if I can and go from there. If anyone spots gen 2 LCAs let me know and I will see if I can order them.

Reaction score
That's a great idea, I however did not measure the collapsed length. I will measure them the weekend for sure though, and get you guys the info for all to know and compare

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen 2 shock on eBay for 999. + 150 shipping. Front with spring and rears. 10 miles. Just an FYI