Gen 2 OE rear shocks on gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Gen 2 shocks

I just bought a set of gen 2 shocks to put on my gen one. Any problems that anyone has ran into yet? I’m going to put the back on first and give the fronts some more time to see if this is legit.

HalfRap

Reaction score
An additional thought would be to swap the OEM Gen1 springs with the Geiser Bros. springs. These might more effectively emulate the Gen2 spring length while providing both front lift, proper spring rate specific to Gen1, and since they are longer than OEM springs, provide for the added inherent travel of Gen2 shocks.

Thinking this is still a viable option, but the solution needs to be resourcefully and innovatively approached - was never going to be a simple straight-swap bolt-on mod, but it's likely not ridiculously insurmountable, either.

Thanks for sharing the same Geiser Bros thoughts I had after reading this whole thread.. I have read elsewhere that Geisers won't work on 3.0s,, But I have a set on my 3.0s mow and I am revisiting this subject for some of my own testing! BTW mine is only a Fraptor and closer to the Gen 2 weight than a Gen 1.

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in for the Geiser springs on the gen2 fox shocks. I’ve got a set of gen2 fronts sitting until I gather some more parts to do a front overhaul. Ball joints , upper control arms ,tie rod ends , shock top hats so I don’t have to take my stock fronts apart. I’d like to put Deaver +3 on the rear too.

HalfRap

Reaction score
I’m in for the Geiser springs on the gen2 fox shocks. I’ve got a set of gen2 fronts sitting until I gather some more parts to do a front overhaul. Ball joints , upper control arms ,tie rod ends , shock top hats so I don’t have to take my stock fronts apart. I’d like to put Deaver +3 on the rear too.

So far I'm happy with my 3.0s and the Gen1 Geiser Springs. As mentioned in this thread a bunch of times, limiting straps are a must. My ride height of the truck has not changed at all vs. the 2.5s with the same springs on mid perch! I Still need to get straps and try them out off road, But I am pretty confident they will feel good off road also..
I can only imagine the ride would feel nearly the same as the Geisers on the lowest perch of the 2.5s, but I haven't had any other combination in my truck.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this is not a good option if you plan on actually taking your truck offroad i hope everyone knows that.

HalfRap

Reaction score
this is not a good option if you plan on actually taking your truck offroad i hope everyone knows that.

My Truck spends more time in the desert than most Real Raptor owners,, As I specified, My Tuck is lighter weight than a Gen 1 Raptor first of all, I have 0 Ride height change with the same exact springs installed.. And if these shocks can actually bottom out before the full load of the Geiser springs actually stops them I will personally be amazed..

After I'm done forming my own opinion on this install,, I will be honest and say it was a waste of my 1 hour time it took me to swap them out as well as the $360.00 I paid for the front set brand new..

My 2.5s are beat and leaking from this past Desert season and I can always go back to them if I want and on a side note, they cost less than Fox rebuilding my 2.5s.. So,. If they blow apart and fail I don't personally care.. I have AAA and they can drag my truck home from the desert for free.

All I have seen through most of the pages of this thread is you telling people they wont work for them, and seem to pay 0 attention to what the people who have tried them in this thread and will send their trucks have to say..

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Truck spends more time in the desert than most Real Raptor owners,, As I specified, My Tuck is lighter weight than a Gen 1 Raptor first of all, I have 0 Ride height change with the same exact springs installed.. And if these shocks can actually bottom out before the full load of the Geiser springs actually stops them I will personally be amazed..

After I'm done forming my own opinion on this install,, I will be honest and say it was a waste of my 1 hour time it took me to swap them out as well as the $360.00 I paid for the front set brand new..

My 2.5s are beat and leaking from this past Desert season and I can always go back to them if I want and on a side note, they cost less than Fox rebuilding my 2.5s.. So,. If they blow apart and fail I don't personally care.. I have AAA and they can drag my truck home from the desert for free.

All I have seen through most of the pages of this thread is you telling people they wont work for them, and seem to pay 0 attention to what the people who have tried them in this thread and will send their trucks have to say..

well facts and feelings are different lol.

those shocks are too large to function properly on our trucks without heavy modification of the top mount of the shock or relocating the lower mount on the ground.

there is a reason shocks are specifically built for each vehicle.
being able to mash them in there and having them work properly are different. much like facts and feelings being different.

Last edited:

HalfRap

Reaction score

those shocks are too large to function properly on our trucks without heavy modification of the top mount of the shock or relocating the lower mount on the ground.

being able to mash them in there and having them work properly are different. much like facts and feelings being different.

U are an Idiot,, Springs dictate the ride on most anything,,, Not necessarily the shocks.... OK.. *******,, You are a Narcissist tool and I would Gladly invite you or any or any of your Gay Friends to Ocotillo Wells CA.. They can Drive my truck If they really want to and form their decisions.. OR better yet.. PUT your money where your Big ******* mouth is and I will put the title up on my truck for anyone that thinks they can keep up with my son in law against my truck in the desert that we Frequent on Most wknds... OEM parts only that think they can hang for the remainder of the season which ends for me in about 2 weeks...Hit me up when u have balls and money to back your shit talk idiot.. BTW. My truck first with driver,,, You just try to hang!

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

BTW There are at least 4 other Drivers that beat my Truck in the Desert.. I would go no further without their input on the changes I make.... Simple Questions each time... Better or worse,, Usually for high speed wash driving!

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
U are an Idiot,, Springs dictate the ride on most anything,,, Not necessarily the shocks.... OK.. *******,, You are a Narcissist tool and I would Gladly invite you or any or any of your Gay Friends to Ocotillo Wells CA.. They can Drive my truck If they really want to and form their decisions.. OR better yet.. PUT your money where your Big ******* mouth is and I will put the title up on my truck for anyone that thinks they can keep up with my son in law against my truck in the desert that we Frequent on Most wknds... OEM parts only that think they can hang for the remainder of the season which ends for me in about 2 weeks...Hit me up when u have balls and money to back your shit talk idiot.. BTW. My truck first with driver,,, You just try to hang!

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

BTW There are at least 4 other Drivers that beat my Truck in the Desert.. I would go no further without their input on the changes I make.... Simple Questions each time... Better or worse,, Usually for high speed wash driving!

like i said, feelings replacing facts.
:specialed:

HalfRap

Reaction score
like i said, feelings replacing facts.
:specialed:

Are you a 3.0 Rep for any of the big 3.. King Fox or Icon.. Boy.. You Just won't ******* Quit,, Will You??? I gave you my offer.. If you want to keep Babbling I am Good for my word...

Last edited: