Gen 2 OE rear shocks on gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bamared

Reaction score
Hey uh oh. What limit straps did you order sir?

This is what I plan to use, when i get mine done.

SDHQ Offroad

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

PHP:

whats the guys instagram name?

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Alright so i have ordered some as well. Now, mine have collars on them so im gonna have some playing to do. Ill be installing them next week so ill keep yall updated as well.

I have also ordered some limiting straps.

I think what im going to try to do is top hats and springs from gen 1 onto the gen 2 shocks. Ill keep you updated on how this goes for me as well.

I seen those on Ebay im sure..... got him down to 850 but i only wanted to pay 800 for the set. lol glad one of you guys got them if its the same set. was a hell of a deal on them.

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got my rears installed . easier install than I thought. hope they ride good in the morning on my way home. my stock rears look good , no leaks I can see and very little pitting and shiney.

Update. Rear feels tighter and more planted. I like it. Better than stock rear shocks that had 78000 miles on them. Front will be next as funds permit. Keep those updates coming guys.

Last edited:

uh_oh_6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still same ride quality. Just better or what? Have you taken it off road or dirt roads yet?

got my rears installed . easier install than I thought. hope they ride good in the morning on my way home. my stock rears look good , no leaks I can see and very little pitting and shiney.

Update. Rear feels tighter and more planted. I like it. Better than stock rear shocks that had 78000 miles on them. Front will be next as funds permit. Keep those updates coming guys.

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just street commute back home from work. It’s better than before. Rear feels a lil more planted . My route the turns I make were less sloppy. If that can be understood. Rear feels like it’s tightened up . Won’t be able to hit a dirt road for a month. But the highways and roads down here in south Florida are quality dog shit. Just crap. So far I think for the cost it’s a easy upgrade. My old Betsy 2012 sees daily driver duty . I’ll be collecting parts and saving up for the fronts.

tcm glx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you installed the rears, did you fully compress the shocks to get the collapsed length?
It appears that the 3.0 is 3/4 to 1 inch longer in free length, would be a bonus if they are the same length compressed.. Gain a little travel if it is.

Anyone ever get the measurements on these? Specifically the rears.

uh_oh_6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright I have them on.

Fronts: Used factory collar location. Gen1 springs and top hats. The fronts fit great with this method. I did have to trim about 2 inches off the bump stop on the shaft. At full slack the uca hits the springs. Limiting straps are a must.

Rears: they mounted up super easy as been told before. Nothing really further to note on that.

I did measure the shafts on front and rear. Here’s what I came up with:
Front:
11 1/4 shaft on new
10 3/4 shaft on old
Rear
11.5 shaft on old
12.5 shaft on new
3 inch left on shaft full hit
3.75 left on shaft full hit

I’m going to go give her hell in the morning and give an update then. Road driving is really good. No complaints so far!

jpwrx2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever get the measurements on these? Specifically the rears.

I posted measurements in this thread a few pages back

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

I’ve been really happy with the ride so far with close to 300 miles on gen2 shocks all the way around