Front Upper Control Arms replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bean1s

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster.

I've acquired a 2011 Raptor from my father-in-law but basically bought it on a tight budget. Situations required he needed to sell it and i didn't really want to see it go so... what did i get myself into :lol2:

The ball joints are in bad shape and I've got feathering on the inner side of the front tires so as such the upper arms need to be replaced. I'd love to put some Uniballs in there but that's not really on the table right now. (I'm in america's hat so everything costs much more)

I've been getting a bunch of quotes from different shops, with labor ranging from 2-4 hours. Most say the Raptor needs 4 hours, does this sound correct? (Oddly the Ford dealer said 2.5)

Also, are the UCA's the same as on a standard F150?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

D

Deleted member 12951

Part number for Raptor is slightly different but as far as I knew, they are the same.

AL3Z-3084-B - Right
AL3Z-3085-B - Left

I would post in the Want to Buy section and can probably get an used set cheaper.
To swap out the UCA, the shock needs to come out to get to the two bolts. I do not know what book time shows on that job but if you had the tools, it's a 2hr job bearing no difficulties. I am sure some came do it quicker and some longer. Good luck and post in the New Member section to introduce yourself with some pictures of the raptor.

You probably want to consider an alignment check when finishing the job.