Front Travel Increase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRONCOBOY1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can we Increase Front Travel without increasing the track width, I find it difficult to spend 2600 on shocks with no travel benefits.
I have heard rumor of Camburg working on increasing the travel without increasing track width. Brenthal kit increases the width 2" per side but I think there advertised travel numbers may be exaggerated.
I am wondering what is the limiting factor CV's, Uprights, availability of correct shocks?

I am a newby still waiting on my truck to be delivered and have plans of actually using it as a prerunner / daily driver if I can accomplish this without ******** up the truck for daily use. I have a full blown linked 20" plus Bronco I use for prerunning and its a beast but I have this vision of maybe replacing it with the Raptor and slowing down a little when prerunning. Travel numbers are important to me both front and rear but the rear is easy. The front is the challenge especially keeping the four wheel drive and I love four wheel drive while prerunning you can certainly make alot of friends with a tow strap in Mexico.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if I have seen this info here or not, but does anyone know what the limiting factor on our front travel is? Is it the travel of the shock? Is it the upper ball joint? Etc.

+1!

It's the shock that limits the front.

OP
OP
B

BRONCOBOY1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have to say it's a close race between the shocks and the drive shafts. The drive shafts can probably only handle so much angle.

So I have no problem making front shock mounts and using a standard front coilover, RCV has axles which they state have added articulation. What does added articulation mean 1 degree or 10 degrees. Blows my mind how vague all these manufactures are in describing the benefits of there aftermarket products. I see everyone states added droop with there UCA but no hard figures 1/4" or 1" or added travel with shocks but still no real info.

It's frustrating for me to try to educate myself on the Raptor aftermarket offering, it seems like tons of claims for small gains. One more thing how come Raptor springs cost so much more than a set of Link killers or 61" race packs, one thing I have figured out the aftermarket is ******** us on all the accessories. If you know your way around a race car or truck then you understand how much more we pay for these parts.

Ok, I called RCV about there $2500 dollar axles(which is about the same price as a full set of gun drilled 300m axles and a full set of race prepped 934 CV's for a class 1) and he said there axles will run up to 45 degrees, 43 safely that's is a ton of articulation. He also said not to open up the stops, after questioning this he said it would be OK - WTF. 45 degrees is Hugh does anyone know what the stock CV's are at when full droop.

Last edited:

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
One more thing how come Raptor springs cost so much more than a set of Link killers or 61" race packs, one thing I have figured out the aftermarket is ******** us on all the accessories. If you know your way around a race car or truck then you understand how much more we pay for these parts.
I have noticed this as well...