Front Stock Fox vs Fox 3.0 vs Icon 3.0 vs King 3.0: Dyno Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renegade70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to step it up another notch, go with the Gieser Bros progressive front springs. It made a big difference and didnt break the bank! I have mine on mid perch now, the low perch was higher than stock springs on low perch and nice and soft over small stuff, but i felt the ride was a little too mushy. Lots of brake dive too (like a trophy truck). Now with the Gieser springs on mid perch, its a sweet ride that fits the bill for us weekend warriors. Those springs, Deavers in the rear, and you'll have a huge upgrade over stock.

So your set up with progressive front springs gives you about 3" over stock? Does the front sit higher than the rear or did you compensate the rear somehow? I am considering going to that, but don't really want to raise it anymore than I have to. Maybe the springs on low perch for me or I could get the Deavers with 1" lift in the rear.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your set up with progressive front springs gives you about 3" over stock? Does the front sit higher than the rear or did you compensate the rear somehow? I am considering going to that, but don't really want to raise it anymore than I have to. Maybe the springs on low perch for me or I could get the Deavers with 1" lift in the rear.

When I first put the Gieser Bros Springs on, I put them on low perch. That leveled out the truck with stock rear leafs. As I said earlier, I didn't care for the ride, but you might like it fine. Its not a bad ride and much better than the stock pogo stick springs, but to use dirt bike terms, it was a little to "plush" or soft for my taste so I went to mid perch. This gave me a slightly higher front end than the rear, which I still didn't prefer, but I did like the ride much better.

This weekend I just finished installing some National SD leaf springs I picked up used. Now the truck is level again. I don't have any time to speak of on the rear springs other than back and forth to work, so I cant comment on how well these will do over the stock leaves, but it has to be better.

As for your question, "So your set up with progressive front springs gives you about 3" over stock?" Its been a while since I measured the height, but I would guess its more like 1.5 to 2" over stock. However, my goal was not additional height, it was off road ride improvement and the extra height to me is just a bonus. Pick up a set, Install them at low perch to start and you will level out the truck, get a much better ride, and give you some time to decide what's next . Whatever you decide, at $550 for a pair, its a good bargain in Raptor suspension upgrades and a great place to start

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP, do you still have the links active? The links in the original post are bad and don’t take us anywhere.