Front end clanking and rattle offroad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blu808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 11 SCREW and I have replaced both front lower control arms, upper control arms, upper pillow ball mounts, and had the shocks rebuilt by FOX. The truck when offroad or pulling into a driveway quickly seems like there's about 1'' of undampened travel which creates a clanking/rattle sound and a vibration. It looks like the upper mounts are still tight, but is this a common problem?

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lower shock bolt torque and grab the drivers side steering rack output shaft and see if you have any vertical play, a little slop there makes a lot of noise.

D

Deleted member 12951

If its the shocks, the stock shocks are known to make some noise. Believe it states that in the supplement manual

OP
OP
B

Blu808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost feels like a loose upper pillow shock mount or shock shaft. Feels like 2" of un dampened travel flopping around.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did you make sure the spacer that go on the top of the stock shocks are positioned correctly ? Also there needs to be one under the coil bucket and one on top. Can you supply pics?

Jeff

PBR ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar issue. when I grab the drivers side rack out put, and shake, I can feel a small amount of play. (this is with truck on ground and everything tight...) is this the infamous bad rack?

Thanks

OP
OP
B

Blu808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine seems to have play and noise in the rack as well.

Any idea how much a new one would be?