Front bump stop orientation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Novak94

Reaction score
Hey guy, Ive had my stock 2013 XCAB for just over 3 months now and have been learning the truck inside and out. One thing i noticed this past weekend is that one of my front bump stops appears to be reversed or orientated upside down on the shaft of the shock. Not sure how this would have come to be other than someone installing it incorrectly while doing some service work. I really dont feel like pulling it all apart to just flip it around but wanted to get your guys opinion on it. It doesn't look like the shock will be harmed if i were to bounce off the stops...

Thanks

Jeff

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2ee83b95678e1072a74dbfc61529f573.jpg

I just took a look at mine and they are both mounted in the same direction.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would think, that they would work the same regardless of their orientation. No one else will even notice that one side is upside down. However, if you haven't gone to mid-perch, this may be one more reason to do it.

OP
OP
Novak94

Novak94

Reaction score
Snapped some pics this weekend. The passenger side has the bump stop upside down. You can see the tapered portion of the stop faces up. The last pic is my drivers side which is the same as what was posted above. I don't think it will cause any harm(if i bounce off the stops hard) but just wanted to run it by the experts on here!

0925151737.jpg

0925151738.jpg

0925151739.jpg

I'm still on the stock low perch and plan on going to mid perch once my warranty is close to expiring.