Frame/spring measurement question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Evening Y'all,
I installed Gieser Bros progressive front springs and now have a lean in the back to the drivers side. Still has stock rear leafs & bumps. It may have been there before, but not as noticeable for sure. I bought the truck used, so Im not sure how hard it was driven before I got it, although it doesnt look like it was beaten. The frame doesnt look bent at the bump stops, but I read that isnt always obvious.

Any advice on how or where to measure to see if the frame is tweaked or twisted, new spring rates are slightly different (read that some Geiser Bros springs are), or L. rear leafs are sagging more than the right? I measured the height from the ground to the bottom of both front LCA mounts and it was only about 1/8" difference - higher on the passenger side. It may not be a big deal, but its sure bugging me.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Evening Y'all,
I installed Gieser Bros progressive front springs and now have a lean in the back to the drivers side. Still has stock rear leafs & bumps. It may have been there before, but not as noticeable for sure. I bought the truck used, so Im not sure how hard it was driven before I got it, although it doesnt look like it was beaten. The frame doesnt look bent at the bump stops, but I read that isnt always obvious.

Any advice on how or where to measure to see if the frame is tweaked or twisted, new spring rates are slightly different (read that some Geiser Bros springs are), or L. rear leafs are sagging more than the right? I measured the height from the ground to the bottom of both front LCA mounts and it was only about 1/8" difference - higher on the passenger side. It may not be a big deal, but its sure bugging me.

It sounds like the Raptor lean. If is lower on the drivers side rear it's normal due the weight of the gas tank.

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A quick and easy estimate for a bent frame (from hard landings); Look at the bed to cab gap, it should be equal all the way top to bottom. If it is wider at the top, the truck MAY have contacted the bumpstops too hard.

Not a sure thing this way, but it is somewhere to start.

OP
OP
Otis857

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A quick and easy estimate for a bent frame (from hard landings); Look at the bed to cab gap, it should be equal all the way top to bottom. If it is wider at the top, the truck MAY have contacted the bumpstops too hard.

Not a sure thing this way, but it is somewhere to start.

Thanks for the tips. I checked the bed to cab gap when I bought it, and its even. And no evidence of hard off roading anywhere else either. I suppose it makes sense that the "Raptor Lean" would be more pronounced with the softer springs, but I sure like the ride much better.

Im hoping Max @Qcfx2 is still trying to put together a group buy on Deavers. I'll be in on that one too, and it may level the truck out better.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I checked the bed to cab gap when I bought it, and its even. And no evidence of hard off roading anywhere else either. I suppose it makes sense that the "Raptor Lean" would be more pronounced with the softer springs, but I sure like the ride much better.

Im hoping Max @Qcfx2 is still trying to put together a group buy on Deavers. I'll be in on that one too, and it may level the truck out better.

Did you say Deaver group buy? I just got the details from Deaver today. Will have a post coming soon

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

BTW. Can anyone address deavers vs wsi progressives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk