Frame difference for Raptor vs regular

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I may be asking a question that has been asked several times before. I already did a frame swap on a 2011 raptor. I ordered it direct from for VIN specific. The part numbers are different from the same length wheelbase regular F150 frame. I bought another truck today that will need a frame, there are several 145 wheelbase frames around. Can they interchange? If not what is the difference? I would assume the 7" width difference is made up with the axles/suspension/wheels tires. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the width is made up in the axels etc as you guessed. There may be some reinforcing on the raptor frame.

I know for 2013 they added some reinforcement plates over the rear axel.

shock mounts and all that are identical to a standard f-150. Maybe some body mounts might be slightely different but i dont believe so.

The SCAB has one set frame that is different from all other non raptor scabs.

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
I really appreciate the quick response. Do just the raptor frames have the reinforcement for 2013 or all ford f150 frames? Pardon my ignorance, I keep seeing scab and screw everywhere on here. What does that refer to? The length? I love the trucks and look forward to finishing the next!

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really appreciate the quick response. Do just the raptor frames have the reinforcement for 2013 or all ford f150 frames? Pardon my ignorance, I keep seeing scab and screw everywhere on here. What does that refer to? The length? I love the trucks and look forward to finishing the next!

Super cab (scab) super crew (screw)

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The differences should be from year to year, not F150 to Raptor. There may be differences with the mount points for the leaf springs and control arms, but I doubt it.

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The differences should be from year to year, not F150 to Raptor. There may be differences with the mount points for the leaf springs and control arms, but I doubt it.

neither leafs nor control arms have different mounts, all those parts transfer over from f150 and raptor

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will say this for a F150 frame. I was hit on the interstate by a Asian kid texting doing about 70 miles and hour and I was sitting stopped traffic. He never even put on his brakes until 20-30 feet from me. Knocked my F150 over another car and the dude cut his car in half. Idiot walked away. Wrecker took my truck to Ford body shop. The insurance company didn't want to total it but the cost to repair was only about 3 K less than value. Damage everywhere BUT none to the frame! Ford Tech said he had seen other bad wrecks like this and the frame seems to hold up well from the impact.