Fox's with DSC vs Icon's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ar4x4offroad

Reaction score
Ive been on the same boat between the two, but fox had never let me down. Used them on many projects and have had great experience with them.

OP
OP
R

Raptor_Kx250

Reaction score
Ive been on the same boat between the two, but fox had never let me down. Used them on many projects and have had great experience with them.

I guess stick with what you know..... I ran fox on one of my race quads and never had a issue, I know icon has a lot of really good technology in there shocks but not so tried and tested as fox for sure.

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fox! Been around longer and has been raced with on many trucks. Tested and abused for years. Not sure y u wouldn't pick fox over icon.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been a fan of Fox but not so much after seeing how fast the Raptor shox wear out.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will get a lot of fan boy answers, and I can't comment on the icons. However, I've had the Fox 3.0's for almost 60k miles. I've run them hard off road and put on a lot of highway miles. My truck is a DR and a weekend warrior. We love to take the truck on road trips as well.

I've sent the shocks to RPG for a rebuild after about a year and 35k miles. Corey said they looked fine. I'll probably wait twice as long for the next rebuild, unless I notice something first.

If your ready to move up, then I would suggest calling both RPG and icon. Both guys there are very intelligent and both companies have been commended on FRF for their customer service. After you talk to them and describe how you plan on using your truck, you'll have a good idea of what will fit you best.

I think either way you go, you can't go wrong.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had both as you know, preferred the fox's by far.
If you go with the dsc, get them to valve them so that all adjustment on the dsc gives less compression, rather than more.
As in, adjusters to full compression gives fox's recommended valving.