Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

Fox's with DSC vs Icon's

This is a discussion on Fox's with DSC vs Icon's within the Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
So I'm in bad need of shocks, all four are shot and I'm basically riding on springs with very little ...

User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Question Fox's with DSC vs Icon's
So I'm in bad need of shocks, all four are shot and I'm basically riding on springs with very little dampening. They are that bad that the truck goes into a speed wobble near 100mph when going in or out of ruts in the road, suspension becomes unsettled and truck starts to shake side to side

So I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new set of 3.0's, I've read everything on both that I can find, the people who have icons like icons and the people with fox's like fox's. So with that said has anybody ran the fox's with the DSC , and has anyone done anything with their icons to make them softer? As I have heard that they are kind of harsh unless your running them hard. I'm looking for a plush feel similar to stock but able to take the big stuff when required. Yes my truck gets used its a daily driver and used for family road trips, but if I can get there by dirt or trail that's the way we go. Ain't no street queen or grocery getter like most that never get dirty or god for bid drive through some tree covered trails and get scratches.

OR Bump Stops, OR Shock Guard Protectors, 5star Tunes, 5Star Custom Intake, Rigid Duallys - 4 In Bumper + 3 Behind Grille (Upper), Rigid 20" Bar In Bumper, VisionX 42" Bar Behind Grille (Lower), RPG Power Steering Reservoir, Truxedo Soft Roll up Bed Cover, Custom Built Bed Cage, Two Sets of Grabbers on Factory Wheels, JLT Oil Seprator , Ebc Slotted/Dimpled Rotors with Green Stuff Pads, Custom iPad Mount (Above nav for use of tracking apps)
Raptor_Kx250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I don't believe anyone has had a set of fox's with the DSC's delivered yet.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
I been told I can have them in 2 weeks and that only normal shipping time, so was thinking someone must have ran them by now.

OR Bump Stops, OR Shock Guard Protectors, 5star Tunes, 5Star Custom Intake, Rigid Duallys - 4 In Bumper + 3 Behind Grille (Upper), Rigid 20" Bar In Bumper, VisionX 42" Bar Behind Grille (Lower), RPG Power Steering Reservoir, Truxedo Soft Roll up Bed Cover, Custom Built Bed Cage, Two Sets of Grabbers on Factory Wheels, JLT Oil Seprator , Ebc Slotted/Dimpled Rotors with Green Stuff Pads, Custom iPad Mount (Above nav for use of tracking apps)
Old 02-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

bear trax in edmonton can rebuild your stockers or get you some new ones
Darthyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
I can rebuild my stockers I have two pairs of fronts, just need to take it to the next level always pushing them to there limit, so I will keep the stockers and rebuild them for winter use and use the 3.0's for everything else.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Am I stuck in the Matrix or something?

ICON 3.0 - ICON UCA - ICON Leaf Springs - SVC Bypass Rack - Custom King 4.0s - ICON BUMPSTOP/FRAME SUPPORT - RPG TIE RODS - ICON LCA SKIDS - UMP INTAKE - MBRP TURDOWN W/RES - 5STAR TUNE - METHOD 17" 105 BEADLOCKS - 37" BFG BAJA T/A KR - RPG RACELINE FRONT/REAR BUMPER - R1 BRAKE PACKAGE WITH AMSOIL FLUID AND SDHQ SS LINES - 5 x 6.7 VIS X LIGHT CANNONS - BD 60" ONNX ARC RE - BD S2 RE - LINEX BED - CRAVEN STUBBY
RLTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by RLTW View Post
Am I stuck in the Matrix or something?
If this is a topic your not interested in, or don't have anything useful to say, why would you comment? I ask some legit questions that weren't discussed in anything else I read.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Raptor_Kx250 View Post
If this is a topic your not interested in, or don't have anything useful to say, why would you comment? I ask some legit questions that weren't discussed in anything else I read.
Easy there tiger, though you've been here for more than a minute, you by now should:

1. realize that you can't take anyone seriously, we all bag on eachother and everything.

2. that this is a topic that will likely never get the definitive answer that you want and likely end in hurt feelings, due to a large number of fanboy customers that have purchased one set of 3.ohhhs or the other, and nobody being able to follow through on a full on shock shootout.

3. that this has been covered in probly a couple dozen threads, and though you've added the dsc feature into the discussion, not much else can be added to the topic.

Like I said, don't take me toooo seriously, it's all in jest because in my short year + or so here, i've seen this turn in to WWIII more than a couple times.

regards.
mudblood likes this.

ICON 3.0 - ICON UCA - ICON Leaf Springs - SVC Bypass Rack - Custom King 4.0s - ICON BUMPSTOP/FRAME SUPPORT - RPG TIE RODS - ICON LCA SKIDS - UMP INTAKE - MBRP TURDOWN W/RES - 5STAR TUNE - METHOD 17" 105 BEADLOCKS - 37" BFG BAJA T/A KR - RPG RACELINE FRONT/REAR BUMPER - R1 BRAKE PACKAGE WITH AMSOIL FLUID AND SDHQ SS LINES - 5 x 6.7 VIS X LIGHT CANNONS - BD 60" ONNX ARC RE - BD S2 RE - LINEX BED - CRAVEN STUBBY

Last edited by RLTW; 02-10-2014 at 11:37 PM.
RLTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

fox = success

icon = rollover

science.
Blind1, SvtDon and Brendo310 like this.

Westside Offroad Group is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Originally Posted by JustinBieber View Post
fox = success icon = rollover science.
Let's see...Gordon and Lane ran Icons...... Sadly, so will I when I sell enough of my sweet sweet ass on the corner. Gotta get paid

A.D.D front Race Bumper with 20" LED bar, Stubby antenna, Mid perch, 37" Nitto Trail Grappler MTs, Icom F5021, Outlaw Raptor Alpha 1 bed rack, M&R v2 Hood Mounts, RPG Stage 2, stock exhaust resonator delete, M&R 50" radius roof bar, K&N air filter
Check out my build thread----->http://tinyurl.com/mhdrlma
slowest member of WCPR
jackrook is offline   Reply With Quote