GEN 1 Fox 3.0 with or without adjusters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S197Mach1

Reaction score
Question. At 42k now on my 14 and I have the cash for new 3.0 shocks. Question is should I go for the the adjusters or save some cash and opt out? I had some ICONs(awful btw) on my 13 f150 and I got them with the adjusters. Just curious if everyone is getting them with the adjusters or with out and the likely hood of using them. I really only used the adjusters on the ICONs to make the truck less dump truck like after all the suspension mods I did to the 13. I'm assuming I wont have to do that with the 3.0s because of the internal bypass?

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The quick adjusters (DSC upfront and QAB for rear) is only 200$ more than standard 3.0"s...You can quickly tune your settings with no tools, depending of the terrain...

OP
OP
S197Mach1

S197Mach1

Reaction score
I'm seeing fronts at 2599 or 2999 with the DSC and rears at 2195ish or 2499 with the QAB so that would be $600 more total. Unless you are finding them cheaper than that.

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was more like 400-500$ more for me, guess you could work a little discount for the whole package...the adjusters are like 10% of the price, not a big deal IMO but that's already a lot of money for sure...

OP
OP
S197Mach1

S197Mach1

Reaction score
Thats what I'm trying to figure out how often everyone else does. Like i was saying I really only used them on my 13 f150 to make the truck more compliant on road. Just trying to weigh the likely hood of playing with them on versus going with what ever fox sets them to without.

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't plan to offroad and just want a better on-road experience, then you don't need adjusters, you'll adjust the shocks just once when you'll install the shocks...

I like the adjusters as I do some offroad on various terrains and also use the truck as a daily driver, I can adjust everything easily...

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
The DSC on the front coilovers is a great option if you do not plan on upgrading the suspension any further than a single shock setup (such as a dual front w/secondary bypass shock that does 90% of the dampening over the coilovers, rendering the DSC kit pretty much useless). If you don't have plans for the dual front setups, get the DSC, it makes a pretty big performance difference.

The QAB for the rear is not much a necessity. It's a nice feature, but if you do not mind carrying the Allen key and wrench around to adjust, then save the dough.

Hit me up if you have any questions. Ill be happy to help get you setup.

-Joseph Haynes

blclay24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The DSC on the front coilovers is a great option if you do not plan on upgrading the suspension any further than a single shock setup (such as a dual front w/secondary bypass shock that does 90% of the dampening over the coilovers, rendering the DSC kit pretty much useless). If you don't have plans for the dual front setups, get the DSC, it makes a pretty big performance difference.

The QAB for the rear is not much a necessity. It's a nice feature, but if you do not mind carrying the Allen key and wrench around to adjust, then save the dough.

Hit me up if you have any questions. Ill be happy to help get you setup.

-Joseph Haynes

^^^^^ Joe just hit that nail right on the head..
Go with DSC fronts and non-QAB rears.. That's what I just did..
Should have the fronts on within the next week..

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Go with non QAB's in the rear. This happened to a guy on the Baja Raptor Run. No damage other than this as the shocks weren't punctured or anything so they kept working. But he can't adjust them until he gets them rebuilt. I threw a rock into mine at TRR and it damaged the threaded shaft to where an allen key won't fit anymore, but that's nothing a set of pliers can't fix to hold/turn the adjuster.

Attachments

• 13307264_1292726960741774_875291026950300494_n.jpg
    13307264_1292726960741774_875291026950300494_n.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 140