Fox 3.0" settings with DSC and QAB adjusters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just upgraded my suspensions (Front and rear Fox 3.0"s and Deaver +3"), and my FOX come with the DSC and QAB adjusters...

I just figured out there are not that much threads about guys who have those adjusters, a lot of threads talk about turns and sh*t, but my shocks are all about click adjusters and I would like to know what you guys use as settings ?

After trying my new suspensions, the truck is running great, did a few high speed things and truck it flying over everything so high speed seems fine for now, but I feel the low speed compression and rebund could be more soft, yet I know the 3.0" aren't made for low speed...

Also how did everyone is setting the preload ring ?

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just upgraded my suspensions (Front and rear Fox 3.0"s and Deaver +3"), and my FOX come with the DSC and QAB adjusters...

I just figured out there are not that much threads about guys who have those adjusters, a lot of threads talk about turns and sh*t, but my shocks are all about click adjusters and I would like to know what you guys use as settings ?

After trying my new suspensions, the truck is running great, did a few high speed things and truck it flying over everything so high speed seems fine for now, but I feel the low speed compression and rebund could be more soft, yet I know the 3.0" aren't made for low speed...

Also how did everyone is setting the preload ring ?

1 click = 1/4 turn for the guys without adjusters if I recall correctly. So if somebody opens their 5 turns, you'll open yours 20 clicks.

OP
OP
Fb73

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for the input...Do you have a picture of your front preload ring so I can compare with mine ?

Looks like not so much people have the QAB and DSC adjusters ? I don't want to mess with mine until I find some good informations...

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for the input...Do you have a picture of your front preload ring so I can compare with mine ?

Looks like not so much people have the QAB and DSC adjusters ? I don't want to mess with mine until I find some good informations...

Don't sweat it, you can't wreck anything. You will not find any settings to copy, they all vary depending on personal preference, terrain, and weight distribution.

First step is to adjust the preload.
Droop the suspension all the way out, measure the amount of shock shaft showing. Now adjust the preload ring until you've got half that measurement of shock shaft showing at ride height.
That's all there is to preload.

Now for your dsc, find a series of small whoops. Adjust the high speed so that the nose isn't dropping as you run them. You've gone too far when you feel like you're "slamming" the face of each whoop.
For the low speed, find a typical g out for your area that makes the truck bottom at full soft on the low speed. Dial it up until no more bottoming.
Rerun the whoops to make sure all is good.

Similar procedure for the rear, except you have a rebound adjustment as well. Typically you want to run the rebound as loose as possible without it causing stability issues.

Remember, it's all a balancing act so as you change something on the rear you may have to make changes on the front too.
But don't stress out, 3.0's adjustment with qab and dsc's is like learning to walk for shock tuning, you really can't mess it up to badly. You have a relatively small adjustment range, you've already been put in the general area of a proper tune, as that's dictated by the actual valve stacks in the shocks.

OP
OP
Fb73

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for the input, was wondering how to know the right preload setting...

I did some slow & fast offroading today, typical trails here are all about gravel roads, pot holes, small whoops...The front suspension is doing great, even I feel the front end is a bit loosey, as if the frond end was hovering...

Rear suspension is way better than stock for sure, but can be quite harsch on those pot holes no matter of speed, so I feel I could "open" the compression (softer) for both low & high speed, more for low speed though...

About rebund, by "loosy" you mean more open, so a faster rebund right ? I'm not used to offroad trucks but I'm doing a lot of dirtbikes, and for bikes we don't want too much rebund, as the rear end would kick ?

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, faster rebound is more desirable. It allows the rear to follow terrain better, and be down where it needs to be to provide more compression travel.
Blowing through all the travel and donkey kicking off the bump stops is prevented through compression tuning. Although it's not really preventable with leaf sprung setups, there's just not enough travel, especially with only 3.0's for dampers.
if you haven't yet, removing the sway bar and running a little more slow speed compression damping up front provides much better performance offroad.

OP
OP
Fb73

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea @JanT told me to get that sway bar off as that would improve offroad performance...

So i'm gonna open both compression and rebound and see what happens...