FOX 3.0 Rear Bypass Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you air down that much won't the sidewall roll more?? And loose control on hard pack in the corners. @svc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you air down that much won't the sidewall roll more?? And loose control on hard pack in the corners. @svc

I typically air down to 20-25psi offroad with 37's and don't have any issues with loosing control at higher speeds. Gives me a little bit smoother ride and traction is increased a little as well (bigger contact patch). That's not to say there isn't a difference, it's just that I haven't noticed anything that's really worth mentioning. YMMV.

I notice instability at higher speeds once I dip below 20psi (cold) with my tires and I typically run at 25psi and only drop to 20psi if I really feel it's needed (not often).

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I typically air down to 20-25psi offroad with 37's and don't have any issues with loosing control at higher speeds. Gives me a little bit smoother ride and traction is increased a little as well (bigger contact patch). That's not to say there isn't a difference, it's just that I haven't noticed anything that's really worth mentioning. YMMV.

I notice instability at higher speeds once I dip below 20psi (cold) with my tires and I typically run at 25psi and only drop to 20psi if I really feel it's needed (not often).

Curious what did u do at snoball

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Day one and two I ran 30 day three when it was colder I aired back up to 40 and liked it much more when it was colder and the sno wasn't as heavy b

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your never going to get any shock to do it all 100%. That's why testing in all conditions is preferable. My truck will do a some dancing on washboard. Especially when you just can't go that fast. I usually try and get up to speed as quickly as possible. Going slow on wash board with the set up we have is probably the worst ride out of all the conditions. I just learn to live with it and hope I can go fast over them so the shocks can work the way they are supposed to.
Mil T

You running icon 3.0 coilover up front ?

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who has chimed in to help us learn how to get the most out of our investment. Before I go making my setup worse, let me make sure I understand (I bought my shocks used so not knowing where they're at):

You close them out all the way (clockwise) counting the clicks as you go to determine where they were. (Or just close them all the way then open them back up the number of clicks to set them to factory settings).

Is there a Schrader valve to check/set pressure with a fox shock pump? I have a shock pump that I use for my fox mountain bike shocks, so wondering if you guys are setting your own pressures or having it done by your local shop.

I'd hate to attempt to try the suggestions here and create more of a problem by not understanding what I'm doing. I have a habit of making things worse with my "improvement" projects, lol.

Thanks again,