FOX 3.0 Rear Bypass Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone has their opinion and I know mine is worth nothing.
All I can say is that my truck handles, feels, and performs 100% better with the 3.0's. I used the method I advised previously. I have taken the time to perfect the ride using the Engineers advise from RPG and Fox. I don't have any complaints at all and everyone that rides in my truck that also have experience in off road vehicle suspension engineering feel that with the set up I have that it operates to it's optimum. Yes it can be better if I had 3.5's and another 6 inches of travel and, etc etc etc. But for what I do with my truck, it works VERY well.

smooth even travel for street and dirt can be accomplished and I'm sure there are others watching this thread that have gone through all the testing and adjusting and are probably saying the same thing.
Just my worthless opinion.
Mil T

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everyone has their opinion and I know mine is worth nothing.

All I can say is that my truck handles, feels, and performs 100% better with the 3.0's. I used the method I advised previously. I have taken the time to perfect the ride using the Engineers advise from RPG and Fox. I don't have any complaints at all and everyone that rides in my truck that also have experience in off road vehicle suspension engineering feel that with the set up I have that it operates to it's optimum. Yes it can be better if I had 3.5's and another 6 inches of travel and, etc etc etc. But for what I do with my truck, it works VERY well.

smooth even travel for street and dirt can be accomplished and I'm sure there are others watching this thread that have gone through all the testing and adjusting and are probably saying the same thing.

Just my worthless opinion.

Mil T

Post up what you run yours at for comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tuned mine yesterday and took it out for testing today.
from closed:
rebound: 2 turns
both compressions: 4 turns...

the rear end feels way smoother and softer now on rough stuff.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tuned mine yesterday and took it out for testing today.
from closed:
rebound: 2 turns
both compressions: 4 turns...

the rear end feels way smoother and softer now on rough stuff.

finally got out there today to check mine.

On Compression.
Short Tube is 4 turns out
Long tube is 2 turns out

Rebound is 2.5 turns out.
I run 200 psi in shocks and 125 in bump stop.
set up for running approx. 4-5OO lbs of weight in bed.
I sometimes adjust pressure in Bumpstop if I know I'm going to have more weight back there.

Works pretty well for me.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll have to actually figure out what mine are. I know rebound is 1/2 open. I wish i could get more rebound dampening.

The other tubes are pretty far open. But i rarely run any weight, pelican case with recovery gear, tools, etc is standard. so i prefer the smooth soft ride on the road.

125 in bumps as well.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to actually figure out what mine are. I know rebound is 1/2 open. I wish i could get more rebound dampening.

The other tubes are pretty far open. But i rarely run any weight, pelican case with recovery gear, tools, etc is standard. so i prefer the smooth soft ride on the road.

125 in bumps as well.

What springs do you have in the back? That could be the problem for getting a really good smooth adjustment. Progressive leaf pack should allow smoother ride and 3.0's to be adjusted properly. If you have stock springs that big ole thick short spring can be a problem that does not allow for enough rebound in the shock to try and control such a thick spring. There's not enough progressive movement of the springs and the shock has a hard time controlling the rebound.
I have a friend that owns a shop in Anaheim. He has had luck with re-arching that thick spring and re bending the thick spring down a little in the back (not sure how much, I'll have to ask) which causes more travel for the other 2 softer longer springs. That has created a much softer and yet keeps the overload type capacity and helps the stock suspension work a little better. He swears by it and has done it to a couple of Raptors with positive results and reviews. Kind of a cheap mans way of creating better stock suspension.

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally had a chance to abuse the 3.0 today. I was really impressed how they handled the big hits at speed. Definitely noted better control at higher speeds and much plusher ride. I was very impressed vs. the stock.

It seems the problem I am running into is hitting washboard roads both on and offroad) That is the only time I am noticing the rear wanting to slide out.

I played with the rebound adjustment from 5turns from close down to 1 turn from close.
I preferred the 2 turns from close as it gave the most controlled feeling.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your never going to get any shock to do it all 100%. That's why testing in all conditions is preferable. My truck will do a some dancing on washboard. Especially when you just can't go that fast. I usually try and get up to speed as quickly as possible. Going slow on wash board with the set up we have is probably the worst ride out of all the conditions. I just learn to live with it and hope I can go fast over them so the shocks can work the way they are supposed to.
Mil T

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I finally had a chance to abuse the 3.0 today. I was really impressed how they handled the big hits at speed. Definitely noted better control at higher speeds and much plusher ride. I was very impressed vs. the stock.

It seems the problem I am running into is hitting washboard roads both on and offroad) That is the only time I am noticing the rear wanting to slide out.

I played with the rebound adjustment from 5turns from close down to 1 turn from close.
I preferred the 2 turns from close as it gave the most controlled feeling.

What's your cold tire psi at when offroading?

Jarrett