FOX 3.0" Bypass : QAB knobs ripped off - Chapter 2 !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Why did you take the ICON's off after one off-road run?

I understand the Fox, to repair.

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did you take the ICON's off after one off-road run?

I understand the Fox, to repair.

Waiting bypass rack and shocks, got these sold and wanted next owner to have them with less miles.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
In reality you've done 2 Baja 1000's and a Baja 500...probably at a faster pace than the 20 mph average the "race" raptor completed this last Baja 1000. You obviously get after it much harder than 99% of the guys here. When you push a stock truck that hard you're going to have maintenance that a normal truck won't have and you'll find weak points most others won't. Kudos to you for driving the truck like a man!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Hey,

Im glad that you got your shocks taken care of. Looking at those boots, make sure to put some vent holes in the bottom of them. We heat up a centering punch then burn holes into the boot. Remember that the boots were origionally designed for Motorcycle forks therefor mounted upside down from how we are using them. When the vent holes are on the top, dust packs into the boot. Adding vent holes to the bottom allows that dust / dirt to escape.

OP
OP
Fb73

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know guys that @FOX has finally accepted to make a 30% discount on my early broken adjusters...Would expected to have more, but at least FOX was smart enough to take my issues in consideration and make a move in my direction...

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
30%=3.0= Fox could have done you better.
How many guys r gonna tear it up like you and have the same trouble?
Fox will always be ahead of the game. @ min you should have gotten 50% for YOUR trouble to do the repair install.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fb73

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my guess is FOX has the upper hand on this, they'r selling a LOT of shocks, so why should they really care about a few customers actually using their shocks like it was intended...lol...

For me this all come down to a R&D issue, someone at FOX should have figured out that rock guards are obivously needed to protect shocks body and adjusters...

I wasn't smart enough to figure out that until it was too late, let's just say I won't make the same mistake twice, next suspension setup is gonna be bulletproof