FOX 3.0" Bypass : QAB knobs ripped off !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi gents,

So we've been on an expedition with my fellow friend @JanT and after only 2 days on the dirt I was missing all 4 compression knobs on my almost new Fox 3.0" ! Ripped off by the stone shower of the front wheel I assume...

So yea I know I will need some midflap, and I know I will have to build some proper shields for those babies but needless to say I'm VERY disapointed with those shocks that looked beaten to death after only 500kms...****** up the whole driving experience of my trip as the shocks were way too stiff at the beginning, and when we wanted to start adjusting, I was already missing 2 knobs...

The design of these shocks is totally clueless with these compression tubes being so much exposed...These should come with shields like Icon... :mad::mad::mad:

I saw one guy here who had the same problem after a Baja run, but this doesnt seem a common issue on this forum ? So do you have any rocks and stones in the US lol ??!

Conclusion : Dont buy those QAB knobs crap !!

Attachments

• photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 147
  • photo 1 (2).jpg
    photo 1 (2).jpg
    79 KB · Views: 140
  • photo 3 (2).jpg
    photo 3 (2).jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 134
  • photo 4 (2).jpg
    photo 4 (2).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 140
  • photo 2 (2).jpg
    photo 2 (2).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 136

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I remember a few of the guys saying how nice it is to have the QAB adjusters, but then the others that do serious off-roading said to not get them - for this very reason. Sorry to hear of your troubles, Fabien!

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the QAB looked convenient, guess not. Even your bypass nuts/tubes are beat to hell though, so I'm wondering how the threads would have held up on the other adjustment system.

OP
OP
Fb73

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock adjusters would have been damaged too I guess, but maybe still usable IMO...I saw the recent post of SVC on facebook on the new FOX adjusters and will go this way...

That said, when you ask sky high prices for "race" shocks, they should at least provide shields with it...

We did the same exact route with @JanT and his rear Icon shocks held up way better than mine, better design of the compression tubes/knobs and it's sold with some ABS shields...

D

Deleted member 12951

Stock adjusters would have been damaged too I guess, but maybe still usable IMO...I saw the recent post of SVC on facebook on the new FOX adjusters and will go this way...

That said, when you ask sky high prices for "race" shocks, they should at least provide shields with it...

We did the same exact route with @JanT and his rear Icon shocks held up way better than mine, better design of the compression tubes/knobs and it's sold with some ABS shields...

Well I have ICON shocks and I think their rear knob design needs improvement. I have to pack them in grease and the bottom two being so close are difficult to adjust (unless they are brand new). I've already replaced four knobs so far and got a couple more that needing replacing. At $26 each plus ICON high-priced shipping, it gets pricey. Nobody is perfect I suppose.

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
. At $26 each plus ICON high-priced shipping, it gets pricey. Nobody is perfect I suppose.

Does that include the bypass valve? Fox wants $76 per, and King wants $108.

I agree that those need some kind of plastics to protect them.