Fox 2.5 Spherical Bearing Review - Forged Offroad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received my spherical bearings / bushings from Forged Offroad today. After an initial inspection of the parts, I've come to the conclusion that these bushings had some time and thought put into them. I'd say they are quality, but I haven't really tested them yet. The bearing came pressed into the outer housing, and is extremely tight. I tried to move the bearing by hand, not happening. I'm assuming this is normal when new?

Planning on installing these this weekend. Can any suspension experts let me know if I should grease these before installing?

Proper review to follow once I get everything swapped out.

Attachments

• IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
OP
OP
stewwalker

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After spending half a day staring at the lower shock eyelet, I have come to the conclusion that pressing out the old bushings is next to impossible without some kind of special jig or destroying the bushings completely. The eyelet is not flat all the way around.

Leave the old bushings in? Try to cut the bushings out? This project is becoming a lot mor involved than I though.

schmeal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bearing came pressed into the outer housing, and is extremely tight. I tried to move the bearing by hand, not happening. I'm assuming this is normal when new?

Planning on installing these this weekend. Can any suspension experts let me know if I should grease these before installing?

Assuming it's an FK style spherical bearing with a liner, they are supposed to be super tight when new. FK offers different fits on the bearings where the tighter fits are recommended for off-road applications because they last longer before the liner wears out.

Since they have a Teflon liner they don't need grease. If you want to service them your supposed to put Teflon dry lube on them. Anything wet will attract dirt which will increase the wear on the Teflon liner.

Last edited:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you are in a snowy location or in a place with a lot of rust i would not install these.

OP
OP
stewwalker

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are in a snowy location or in a place with a lot of rust i would not install these.

Only reason I bought them. I live in Houston where it never snows, and the truck rarely sees water.

Update, the bushings went on the shelf for now. Next time I rebuild the shocks I'm having them replaced. Too much of a hassle for me to press the old bushings out and the new ones in. I think you need a special jig to hold the shock in place when pressing them in and out.