Ford Raptor Steering Rack - Upgrade Possibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I saw that Detroit Axle came out with an electric version for a replacement on the F-150 including the GEN1 raptor. Not sure if its a viable option but does someone know if anyone has tried it or not?

https://www.detroitaxle.com/shop/steering/brand-new-complete-electric-power-steering-rack-pinion-assembly-fits-2011-2015-ford-f-150-heavy-duty-payload/

That's an interesting find, Rick. The description shows "heavy-duty payload" so it may work. However I doubt its just bolt in. We will have to get rid of the hydraulic parts and get power to it. I would imagine from a last gen F-150 electric setup.

Looking forward to the sucker who will test this out :)

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I heard foutz was working on something.

Could also go swingset, 2 wheel drive shouldn’t be a problem. Kibbe has one that will work with 4x4 but you gotta pay to play with those

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are only upgrades to the pump. The only way to replace the rack is to go with a swingset setup with hydraulic rams as mentioned earlier. Lee and Howe are the popular options for pump upgrades.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could be the outlier here. Knock on wood, but I’m over 120k miles on the original pump and rack. I’ve only added an RPG reservoir and a cooler. Granted, I also don’t saw back and forth at the wheel like a mad man or do full lock donuts.

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are only upgrades to the pump. The only way to replace the rack is to go with a swingset setup with hydraulic rams as mentioned earlier. Lee and Howe are the popular options for pump upgrades.
Damn, that swingset setup is $10k based on my initial search. I'll just rebuild the rack as a preventative measure.