Ford Raptor Steering Rack - Upgrade Possibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lugnut2683

Reaction score
Interested - I already have the Howe aftermarket pump and PS cooler, but the rack itself is still stock and prone to failure.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question? What would it take to convert the stock PS system over to the Detroit axle electric rack. It’s electric so it obviously needs a power supply,is there a plug n play solution? Would the ps pump, fluid reservoir , lines etc need to be removed, and would a pulley need to fabricated in place of the ps pump ? Can the DA electric rack be retro fitted from another ford model truck? Parts etc? Apologies to m3 for thread jacking with this question but if your tech and mechanically awesome this might be another route you’d might think about trying. Any theories guys

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw that Detroit Axle came out with an electric version for a replacement on the F-150 including the GEN1 raptor. Not sure if its a viable option but does someone know if anyone has tried it or not?

https://www.detroitaxle.com/shop/steering/brand-new-complete-electric-power-steering-rack-pinion-assembly-fits-2011-2015-ford-f-150-heavy-duty-payload/

Would bet a lot of money their listing is incorrect. Every F150 from those years had an electric rack standard, except for any with the 6.2L.

D

Deleted member 17706

I would be willing to get in a GB. It would be even greater if the steering rack would be designed to run with the Howe PS system :)