GEN 1 Ford raptor steering rack issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello i have 2 raptors 2012 stock only with rog tie rods and -12mm offset wheels & 2013 ford raptor with long travel kit. Both has new steering rack due to wear, but now both has the same issue of looseness on the steering rack piston
TAke a look
IMG_8489.jpg
Is that for any kind of adjusment on the steering rack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any aftermaket steering rack for the gen 1 ford raptor?

OP
OP
C

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/rcRCoQdCPW8

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Need help. Do you about any kind of adjustment for that looseness. Is practically new steering rack.

Is there any aftermaket steering rack?

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/rcRCoQdCPW8

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Need help. Do you about any kind of adjustment for that looseness. Is practically new steering rack.

Is there any aftermaket steering rack?

There is no aftermarket rack at this time.

Best place to buy one is generaly RockAuto unless you can find cheaper but that is the baseline for replacement.

After talks with several companies, there is no market for replacing the Raptor Rack as it is a mass produced F150 rack essentially.

I have a damaged rack that i am going to play with now to see what if anything can be done to make a "better" solution for all of us. The one thing that is the Explitive is the racks main design relies on the body for guide and support. This is for cost as well as smaller packaging but does cause issues and vibration as in the case with a Howe Pump.

I will report back once I have time to tear into the rack.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is no aftermarket rack at this time.

Best place to buy one is generaly RockAuto unless you can find cheaper but that is the baseline for replacement.

After talks with several companies, there is no market for replacing the Raptor Rack as it is a mass produced F150 rack essentially.

I have a damaged rack that i am going to play with now to see what if anything can be done to make a "better" solution for all of us. The one thing that is the Explitive is the racks main design relies on the body for guide and support. This is for cost as well as smaller packaging but does cause issues and vibration as in the case with a Howe Pump.

I will report back once I have time to tear into the rack.

you happen to have the part number for that on RockAuto?