ford raptor oem fox shocks coil options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put some oem raptor shocks on my f150 std. cab 5.0. the spring rate is a little to much for the lighter smaller truck. i was wondering if anyone has had an experience with changing the oem springs? im on mid perch right now . maybe longer springs and on bottom perch idk. i know the bodies are 2.5 but the springs seem bigger. would king or equivalent 2.5 springs fit the oem cups or maybe 3.0? trying to utilize what i already have if i can. any help would be great. thanks

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

another thought would be to start at the 6.2 spring rate. how many lb's is it?

how much lighter is the 5.4 springs to the 6.2? thanks

CougarKiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you've got a lot going on there... the shorter arms (assuming you have stock f150 arms) are going to contribute to the stiffness as well as the raptor shock being a few inches longer than the standard F150 coilover

Stock Raptor Spring Rate is around 525lbs ... Coil ID is 2.5" ... Call Eibach and they will make you whatever springs you need... I would recommend starting around 300lb and adding uniball upper arms at the same time. I am guessing here and not a shock expert by any means. The tech guys at Fox are pretty helpful so you might want to call them.

OP
OP
C

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my bad i have full oem raptor suspension. front and rear. front is a tad stiff on mid perch. thanks for the info ill try eibach

OP
OP
C

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone knows the spring rate dif between the 5.4 and the 6.2? i have the 5.0 its closer to the weight of the 5.4. also i have a 2 wheel so axles and diff and transfercase weight is not there. its not terribly stiff but could be better.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I think the only difference in spring rates is between the SCab and SCrew. I don't believe the 5.4 SCabs had different spring rates than the 6.2 SCabs.

There was a vendor on the site that has been testing softer, progressive rate springs for use on the top perch. Do a search and see of you can find the thread.

nohel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the rate of your stock ones???? are they a progressive rate or a Linear? what are the raptor ones?

OP
OP
C

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the rate of your stock ones???? are they a progressive rate or a Linear? what are the raptor ones?

good question. put my stock springs on the raptor shocks on top perch b/c there shorter? actually the raptor shocks ride a little softer than my oem ones. just seems they would be better a little bit softer. i might just go with some foa's with the correct spring rate in the future.

CougarKiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahh si si... I wouldn't think you'd need to go too much lighter on the rates but here's my math, keep in mind I didn't even graduate high school: :drunk:

I show a 127" WB regular cab with 5.0 to weigh 4840lbs

Scab Raptor weighs 6005lbs

4840/6005 = approx. 20% difference in curb weight

525lb spring rate -20% = 420lb... I would roll with 400lb coils and they should be Purdy close after you break em in