Firestone air bags part 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, I've run them for 6 months++. They worked great for towing and with a heavy load in the box.

I did not like the fact that I needed air to keep them off the internal bump stops. I removed the bags to get my stock ride back for now. I did not remove the bottom mount and I think I could spend a little time to modify the upper mount and it could also stay on. I had to remove it to put the factory bumps back on.

If the top mount was modified, it would only be a 15 min job to put on or remove the bags. 3 bolts and a short air line per side. The upper mount is very heavy and should easily replace the light duty frame kit I had on before.

I will put them back on next spring when I'm towing again... then back off !! I will be moding the top mount and possibly leaving the factory bump on with it.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I've run them for 6 months++. They worked great for towing and with a heavy load in the box.

I did not like the fact that I needed air to keep them off the internal bump stops. I removed the bags to get my stock ride back for now. I did not remove the bottom mount and I think I could spend a little time to modify the upper mount and it could also stay on. I had to remove it to put the factory bumps back on.

If the top mount was modified, it would only be a 15 min job to put on or remove the bags. 3 bolts and a short air line per side. The upper mount is very heavy and should easily replace the light duty frame kit I had on before.

I will put them back on next spring when I'm towing again... then back off !! I will be moding the top mount and possibly leaving the factory bump on with it.

I literally did the EXACT same thing for the EXACT same reason. They are fantastic for towing....but crap (well, maybe not crap but ride like an F250) with no weight on the back end.

- Travis