Firestone air bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the amount of suspension travel lost measurable? is it all up travel, or some down travel as well? can this be partially uninstalled easily, as in towing a travel trailer to a campground, then unhitch (and uninstall just the bag itself) and go play on the trails?

There is no down travel lost. I'm not sure on up travel because I haven't jacked it up to the point of lifting the tires off the ground since I normally jack it from the axle, but there's a ton of travel on the bags. Little hard to tell in the pics, but it's not just the bag that expands and that's it. The bag lifts off the base because it's not mounted at the bottom. The bag mount is attached at the bottom, but the bag itself is mounted off that plastic piece. Hard to describe, but scroll up to post 4 and look at the pic Sage posted. He said his tires are off the ground and the bags still have travel. You can see in his 2nd pic that the bag itself actually lifts up off the bottom mount.

I'll try to get a video while inflating mine to show you guys what I mean. There's really no concerns on travel at all.

Ideal suspension for jumping and super hardcore offroading? Probably not, better options out there. But a limiting factor for that stuff? Not any more than limiting factors on doing those things bone stock. World of difference with towing though!

And if you really wanted to disconnect them, it's 1 bolt on the bottom bracket that unbolts the bag from the bracket.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
@Sage - did your kit come with a compressor, or did you buy it separate? My cousin is looking for a setup for his 2016 F150 Platinum.

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Sage - did your kit come with a compressor, or did you buy it separate? My cousin is looking for a setup for his 2016 F150 Platinum.

Never had a compressor. I only used them occasionally and put the valve right on each bag, no lines. I usually carried an air tank on long trips. They take very little air. I had mine set up to install or remove in less than 15 min (3 bolts on each bag, doesn't take much). They are sitting in a corner now as I have another truck that will do all the heavy towing.