do fenders need trimming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just installed Fox 3.0 and 37" BFG KO2, on stock wheels. There seems to be a decent amount of clearance on the fenders/bumper. But I know that could change off-roading. Do the front fenders (stock) need to be trimmed? If so, what part?

Napp E Roots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should really get extended fenders. the liners are gonna be ripped out, the gray fender trim is going to be ripped off tge mounting holes and clios will be ripped off. A buddy just did 37s and ripped his fender trim pieces off with in the first 20 minutes of being in the dunes. They are destroyed. The baja is going to mess those things up. Also make sure you flatten the pinch weld in the rear. You should really have bumpstops in the back the tires will hit your rear fender wells. They will get rubbed down to the bare metal if you are hitting whoops and jumping it

This is his rear
http://imgur.com/yeTnshu

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are going to keep the stock wheels, then trimming the pitch welds is a good start. Then use self tappers to pull the liners up good and tight to the inner structure. As mentioned, you should get a bump stop system in the rear. It will protect your frame and help with compression rates back there.

Then, after all of that, I would go out and do some testing. You will see if there will need to be more trimming done. You can lightly trim the insides of the flares to increase clearance. With stock wheels, it won't be that much really. Just clean things up real good, and then go run the crap out of it. Makes inspection a little easier.

Most of us experience more damage due to the fact that we go to an aftermarket wheel that moves the tires out. That makes things a little trickier. Stay with stock wheels, and it makes it easier.

Good luck!!! Test, test, test......