DIY Perch Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HAs anyone done this job by themselves? Like in your front yard with a rented spring compressor and adequate tools? If so got any advise? Looking to do this ASAP so any info or help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there are instructions on here in another post. I would have to search. It can be done easily if I remember correctly. You will still have to take it for alignment afterwards and have the camber kits if going to the top perch.

X_TACOMA_GUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on doing the mid perch mod on my Raptor, myself. The procedure seems pretty straightforward. I have heard that it can be done without removing the shock assembly from the truck. But I think that I will take them out. That way I have plenty of room to work on the shock, without risking damage to brakelines, ect.

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has done this without removing the assembly? I guess if you can get a compressor in that space you could move it up without removing the whole assembly. But has anyone actually done this?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Definitely just remove the shock. Its a huge pain in the ass to do it on the truck and so easy to remove the shock

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Ni9mm

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've seen the instructions in the how to section, that's what prompted me to ask who's done it themselves. Just looking for some support that's all before I get my grease monkey on.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely just remove the shock. Its a huge pain in the ass to do it on the truck and so easy to remove the shock

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

What he said!

I've seen the instructions in the how to section, that's what prompted me to ask who's done it themselves. Just looking for some support that's all before I get my grease monkey on.

I did it about three weeks ago. It's not difficult at all. Just, make sure you unbolt the sway bar to allow the lower control arm to drop as much as possible. This way you can remove the shock easier / swing the bottom out.

Also, buy or borrow a decent impact wrench. I think I paid around $50 for one at Harbour Freight which has a max torque of 425 ft lbs. The lower main bolt has to be torqued to 406 ft lbs. I plan on getting under there and re-checking them soon. Good luck.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What he said!

I did it about three weeks ago. It's not difficult at all. Just, make sure you unbolt the sway bar to allow the lower control arm to drop as much as possible. This way you can remove the shock easier / swing the bottom out.

Also, buy or borrow a decent impact wrench. I think I paid around $50 for one at Harbour Freight which has a max torque of 425 ft lbs. The lower main bolt has to be torqued to 406 ft lbs. I plan on getting under there and re-checking them soon. Good luck.
What sway bar? :smoke2:

OP
OP
Ni9mm

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys looks like its next weekend..too many brews and picture drooling this weekend.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
if you rent the spring compressor from Auto Zone make sure you get 2 of them because 1 just doesn't cut it