Differential Stays Locked in On position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcomcorp

Reaction score
I have a question for the group. My locking differential light keeps coming on when I start up the truck. I know it is on because of the tire sound when I go around a corner. I have tried to turn it off in a variety of ways but they don't seem to work. I pulled out the dial to lock it and then pushed it back in. Then I held it in for about 30 seconds. Every time I hold it in with some pressure, the light goes off but when I take my finger off the dial the light comes back on. After pushing it and holding it several times, the light eventually stays off. I am not sure why it is doing this and the manual has no good or detailed explanation of how to turn off the locking differential. Does anyone have an answer to this question?

Thanking you all in advance,

Michael Cannon

OP
OP
mcomcorp

mcomcorp

Reaction score
Update from Michael Cannon on locking differential switch stuck

Went to the ford dealer yesterday, Gus Machado Ford in Miami and they replaced the switch in about an hour. The service was excellent. A guy names Chris Ferrer was my service rep and the was excellent. He checked the truck all over and determined that the right rear tail light had too much condensation in it and ordered a new one. That and the switch were both on warranty. I was very happy with the service.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow. Went out of the way to replace something most dealers have to be fought to replace. Glad to hear they got ya fixed

Click here to donate $5 for a chance to win a Ford Raptor Lights VisionX Fog Light Kit!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]
Phone/Text: 260-444-7503

FreedomLogo.jpg

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update from Michael Cannon on locking differential switch stuck

Went to the ford dealer yesterday, Gus Machado Ford in Miami and they replaced the switch in about an hour. The service was excellent. A guy names Chris Ferrer was my service rep and the was excellent. He checked the truck all over and determined that the right rear tail light had too much condensation in it and ordered a new one. That and the switch were both on warranty. I was very happy with the service.

Make sure to post the dealer's info here for other's reference if they need something done and are in the area. Thanks.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f7/r...nty-service-26651/?highlight=good+dealerships