GEN 1 Difference between Rear Fox Raptor 3.0 and Fox Bypass series 3.0/3.5/4.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys looking to purchase new rear shocks but having trouble figuring out the difference between the rear Fox 3.0 Raptor shocks and the Fox 3.0/3.5/4.0 bypass series shocks. Only difference I see is the price which is $2300 for 3.0 Raptors and starting at $1300 for a 3.0 bypass series.

Anyone have specifics of the true differences and is the price difference worth it. Or should I just move up to 3.5/4.0's.

Last edited:

cpetes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat somewhat. From my understanding you must cut thru the bed to be able to use 3.5/4.0s.. It will be interesting to hear some guys chime in who once had 3.0s and stepped up to a thru the bed application.

OP
OP
SVT_Mayo

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat somewhat. From my understanding you must cut thru the bed to be able to use 3.5/4.0s.. It will be interesting to hear some guys chime in who once had 3.0s and stepped up to a thru the bed application.

Yeah. If I moved up to 3.5/4.0s I'd go with higher travel and through the bed, although they are available in shorter travel lengths.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, you must cut through the bed to install 3.5's. They are massive, sticking out from the bed floor by at least a foot. Are they worth it? In my view, yes, if you want a system that guarantees rear suspension will never be a limiting factor off-road. Mixed with deaver +3's, they make the Raptor capable of absorbing what would otherwise be crushing impacts and can be dialed in to produce the exact amount of desired rebound.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, you must cut through the bed to install 3.5's. They are massive, sticking out from the bed floor by at least a foot. Are they worth it? In my view, yes, if you want a system that guarantees rear suspension will never be a limiting factor off-road. Mixed with deaver +3's, they make the Raptor capable of absorbing what would otherwise be crushing impacts and can be dialed in to produce the exact amount of desired rebound.

Do you have any photos from inside the bed showing how big the holes are and how big the bypass rack is?

OP
OP
SVT_Mayo

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I have deaver +3s right now. I thought it would be better for me to move to 3.0s first then go up to 3.5s with a bypass rack down the road, but now I'm not too sure as the Raptor 3.0s are $2300 and 3.5s with a bypass rack will be ~$3000.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I have deaver +3s right now. I thought it would be better for me to move to 3.0s first then go up to 3.5s with a bypass rack down the road, but now I'm not too sure as the Raptor 3.0s are $2300 and 3.5s with a bypass rack will be ~$3000.
If you can get a chase rack with 2, 3.5's for 3k I'd jump on that immediately. 3.5's typically run around $1700 each