Deavers With Geiser Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the geiser coils on, buttom perch. With 350lb extra weights up front, the rear deaver +2 is about 2.5inch higher than front. Ride is much better than stock mid perch, don't want to mess it, so I will leave it that way.

14 BlackScrew RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for comparison's sake...here's my truck at BOTTOM perch on Giesers and Deaver +2's with weight in the bed. I prefer the slightly lower look overall, just my preference.
IMHO, which doesn't worth a hill of beans.
Ford should have offered the Raptor with 37" tires. It makes the Truck look so much more commanding.
Just my $0.02

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now have the Geiser springs at midperch (which is great) on my 2014 SCREW, and I'll be getting Deavers +3 this week. I'm wondering if I need to also install a bump stop kit at this point, or can it wait. If needed, which vendors could help me out? I'll be towing a boat at some point, so would adjustable make sense?

Also, there was a nice link to a DIY Deaver install, but the links are all broken. Is there an updated version?

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now have the Geiser springs at midperch (which is great) on my 2014 SCREW, and I'll be getting Deavers +3 this week. I'm wondering if I need to also install a bump stop kit at this point, or can it wait. If needed, which vendors could help me out? I'll be towing a boat at some point, so would adjustable make sense?

Also, there was a nice link to a DIY Deaver install, but the links are all broken. Is there an updated version?

You should definitely consider the bumpstops and frame support if you plan to do any serious offroading. I make good use of the bumpstops still with RPG HD springs (which are similar to the Deaver 3+ springs). Rick at FreedomMotorsports (@RDFTS or @Rick@FreedomMotorsports) can hook you up, he is great to work with.

I am using the RPG bumpstops and was pretty pleased with the fit and finish of that kit. I wrote a DIY for the RPG Stage 3 kit which includes the springs, frame support and bump stops. I am not sure if that is what you are looking for but it should get you pointed in the right direction.

I have no experience towing, but I am told that air bump extension pads are useful while towing.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should definitely consider the bumpstops and frame support if you plan to do any serious offroading. I make good use of the bumpstops still with RPG HD springs (which are similar to the Deaver 3+ springs). Rick at FreedomMotorsports (@RDFTS or @Rick@FreedomMotorsports) can hook you up, he is great to work with.

I am using the RPG bumpstops and was pretty pleased with the fit and finish of that kit. I wrote a DIY for the RPG Stage 3 kit which includes the springs, frame support and bump stops. I am not sure if that is what you are looking for but it should get you pointed in the right direction.

I have no experience towing, but I am told that air bump extension pads are useful while towing.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Thanks, I appreciate the help. I'm looking at the bump stop kits now.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I have the same set up but also have SVC adj bumpstops kit. I like it a lot. I carry a cordless impact which makes it easy to adjust bump cans to tow/haul or off-road mode.

Big Johnson

Reaction score
I am with Raven, I tow a sled trailer all winter with the same setup. I just change the pressure in the bumps according to what I am towing. Works great.