Deavers With Geiser Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running Geiser coils on mid perch with the RPG Heavy Duty leafs and RPG shackles in the rear (I think the leafs are made by National but not sure).

I get a bit of a forward rake without anything in the bed. But when loaded up with a chase rack, tools, power tank and a spare, it levels out nicely.

Jumping the truck and riding at speed offroad (80+ mph) works really well, I would argue possibly better, with the added weight in the back. I am also running the RPG bumpstop and rear frame support.

I have been really happy with this setup, especially offroad. But if you are looking for a level ride when unloaded, this is probably not the setup for you.

Here is what the truck looked like right after I installed the leafs and shackles:

rake.jpg

Here is a (not so great, but the only) pic I have of the truck when it is fully loaded down:

fully-loaded.jpg

I should also note that offroading with weight in the back makes the springs settle more so when you do unload it the rake is not as severe. Here is what it looks like today unloaded:

after-fully-loaded.jpg

Giving RPG a call would be a good place to get more info, they should be able to tell you how much rake to expect with different setups since they offer the Deavers too.

Hope this helps.

~bigrig

Last edited:

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for comparison's sake...here's my truck at BOTTOM perch on Giesers and Deaver +2's with weight in the bed. I prefer the slightly lower look overall, just my preference.

Looks like you are running 37's, can you confirm?

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah @bigrig, they are 37x12.50x17 BFG KO2's on Method NV's. I have Boatecs now but I had them with stock fenders. They fit just fine if you hammer the pinch welds and only do mild to moderate off-roading.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score